RBSL Forums
May 19, 2024, 04:51:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Server Back Online

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Raptors & 07 Playoffs  (Read 7566 times)
Strav

View Profile Email
« on: April 22, 2007, 11:02:12 PM »

That first game was off the hook imo.

We didn't play well, but I would have taken +4 on the Nets walking into that one anyway.  

The Crowd in Red was nice, very nice too see.  I think when the Nets took off their practice garb when the place went dark and revealed red on their own was anti-climatic.  My friend turned to me at the time and said, "Look, Jersey's wearing red" and we both looked at each other and basically said  in unison, "who the f*ck cares."

The National anthem was the loudest I've heard on either side of the border.

The crowd was awesome - a lull in the 2nd and the 3rd due to the Raptors play, but whatever.

Vince is a major distraction however.  Crowd noise tended to change too dramatically whenever a play involved him.  I agree that t.o. has to get over him and start showing some real hate.  Cheesy

Smitch took T.J. off because he was going one on five a lot in that game throughout his p/t.  The zone made him do it, and despite hitting his jumpers, transistion d suffered because of it.  

B.S. ref calls on Bargs shifting one foot after R.J. I think bit on his fake and jumped into him.  Happened again in another play.  It looked like Bosh's first foul was suspect and the 2nd called on him was utter crap.

Don't know what to say about Graham.

Juan was extremely tentative for someone with experience.

I wouldn't know what to do if I were Mitchell with respect to Bargnani.  I say play him in all three spots - 3,4,5 and confuse the Nets.  Spot up shoot behind the arc, post up and rebound.  Give him more then 20 minutes next game.

I would bet the farm on the Raps in the next game.   :lol:  :unsure:  

ClippersGM
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 06:38:40 AM »

I really wish Sam would have experimented with the SF position when it was blantantly obvious Bad Joey was out there. He didnt do a thing to justify his 35 minutes of playing time and wasnt even playing particularly good defence, not to mention the amount of possessions he ruined by holding onto the ball instead of swinging it.

Sam should have tried to find something that worked intead of being his usual stubborn self. Would have tried Bargs at the 3 for a bit, and even Luke Jackson personally.

And even though Mo was jacking up early shots that werent falling, he was playing aggressive defence.
Pat

Pat

phatmaster_beatz@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 10:38:40 AM »

I really wish Sam would have experimented with the SF position when it was blantantly obvious Bad Joey was out there. He didnt do a thing to justify his 35 minutes of playing time and wasnt even playing particularly good defence, not to mention the amount of possessions he ruined by holding onto the ball instead of swinging it.

Sam should have tried to find something that worked intead of being his usual stubborn self. Would have tried Bargs at the 3 for a bit, and even Luke Jackson personally.

And even though Mo was jacking up early shots that werent falling, he was playing aggressive defence.
I'd give Joey the start again, but he has to get taken out if he's not doing much. There has to be consequences for his actions. And man, are we missing Garbajosa right about now.

2-TIME RBSL WORLD CHAMPIONS

Retired Numbers:
7 Jermaine O'Neal
9 Tony Parker, HoF
23 Ron Artest
15 Carmelo Anthony, HoF
27 Nicklaus Lyles, HoF
ClippersGM
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 10:39:44 AM »

I'd give Joey the start again, but he has to get taken out if he's not doing much. There has to be consequences for his actions. And man, are we missing Garbajosa right about now.
I think he needs to guard RJ, Parker just isnt strong enough to keep him from going to the block.
exhawksheat

hawksgm@gmail.com realgmoftheyear
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 05:36:43 PM »

I got 6 tickets for tomorrows game, going to go with my bros, my fiance and a freind Cheesy....gonna have a great time  

msn: Hawksgm@gmail.com

'08 '12
Strav

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 11:23:15 PM »

I got 6 tickets for tomorrows game, going to go with my bros, my fiance and a freind Cheesy....gonna have a great time
I'll be there.  Decided not to sell my tickets.  Too bad you don't drink - would have bought you a pint.  Wink  Cheesy   Have fun.  It's electric!
SpiritGM

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 03:31:53 PM »

Gonna be in (basically) the same seat last time - Section 122, Row 25, Seat 9.

I've got the T-shirt on already. Let's get this shit started!
Strav

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 04:05:30 PM »

Sam - COY - wondering what this does to the team if anything at all.
MAS

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 10:28:50 PM »

my voice hurts

2015 RBSL Champions: MVP- Likens

Head Coach: Marcus Camby

GM: MAS
Pat

Pat

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2007, 11:57:16 AM »

My favourite play:

Bosh packed that bitch RJ, and then AP drills a 3 on the other end.

Retired Numbers:
7 Jermaine O'Neal
9 Tony Parker, HoF
23 Ron Artest
15 Carmelo Anthony, HoF
27 Nicklaus Lyles, HoF
ClippersGM
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2007, 12:10:22 PM »

Loved it

That was the most intense and nerve racking game I have ever experienced as a fan.
Pat

Pat

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 12:21:46 PM »

When the Raps were up by 1 late and AP was on the FT line, did anybody else hvae flashbacks of this?

Also, AP was just WOW. If I'm USA Basketball, I want this guy as my 12th man.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 12:31:13 PM by PistonsGM » Logged

Retired Numbers:
7 Jermaine O'Neal
9 Tony Parker, HoF
23 Ron Artest
15 Carmelo Anthony, HoF
27 Nicklaus Lyles, HoF
Darren
Committee

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2007, 09:05:06 PM »

LOLZ at this team.
Wow we are bad. Even our sideline reporters were getting their asses handed to them tonight.

76ers: 2018, 2033, 2035
Kings: 2039
Pat

Pat

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2007, 09:07:42 PM »

"Yippy-ki yay motherfucker"

lol

Retired Numbers:
7 Jermaine O'Neal
9 Tony Parker, HoF
23 Ron Artest
15 Carmelo Anthony, HoF
27 Nicklaus Lyles, HoF
exrapsrockets

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2007, 09:40:18 PM »

"Yippy-ki yay motherfucker"

lol
LOL, my memory must be way off but I thought Bruce Willis was a raps fan?

Must have been somebody else??

Cleveland Cavs'20
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: