RBSL Forums
May 19, 2024, 12:28:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Server Back Online

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Current Openings/Waitlist  (Read 43292 times)
Todd
Administrator

todd_stewart@live.ca ainge_fan@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2014, 11:41:40 AM »

I'm buying what Scott's selling here. But, whatever.

2021, 2022 and 2029 RBSL Champions
Bottlers Only Retired Number: 13 Carolanne Boutilier
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2014, 12:01:40 PM »

Oh no, the pick was going to suck. I think that we all assumed his team had a shot at top 4 in the east when the season started though right? I mean his starting 5 wasn't bad at all.

Personally I don't think he traded that pick because he was leaving, Travis has never had any desire to help me out in anything sim related. I think he left because he made all these moves thinking he would kick ass and when his team bit the dick he peaced out.

The fact Travis has never wanted to help you out is exactly why this deal smells so bad; he helped you out because it was the best way to stick it to the league on the way out the door.

He didn't want to make the Sundov deal because he didn't want to compete this year, he didn't want to give up my pick because he was "rebuilding". Then the next day he moves it to you for little in return, posts one depth chart and then quits without telling anyone?

No malice towards you, you're just the benefactor of someone else's league wide FU.
I mean in all fairness Travis and I were on much better terms now then say when he first started in the league.

If that's that case and he moved it to screw other people I honestly feel bad. I never really thought something like that would occur - he had been asking about Olajuwon for over a season..

Prove it by moving the pick to me  Grin  - You know, the GM that apparently can't even lose properly. Take pity on my failure!

Jeff: the guy who wins so much he can't even lose properly.

WizardsGM

Brian Jacobs

View Profile Email
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2014, 12:07:54 PM »

Seriously, we need to get this spot filled before the off-season. This team has some decent pieces on it and I don't want to see it rot.
Shame the team no longer has a top 4 pick after it was gifted away. Would been a,pretty sexy asset to an incoming guy.

Travis' FU to the league on the way out the door?

I admit to being a little bitter about the deal with the Hawks, Pistons put the screws to me pretty good just to get one of my picks back, this seasons was "untouchable" until he decided he didn't want to be in the league anymore and traded a top pick in a deep draft for a middle of the road PG about to demand a big raise.

Screwed me, screwed the next GM of the Pistons and further skewed the power balance in the East. I like the guy outside of RBSL, but this is one of the bigger dick moves I've seen in my time here.

Were the Wizards' trades before I got here out of malice? I came here without my next 2 1sts and nothing to really show for it.

Washington Wizards GM: 2056-Present
Career Record: 1816-1218 (59.9%)
Playoff Record: 192-131 (59.4%)
ECF Champs: 2061, 2070, 2071, 2086, 2087, 2088, 2091
Todd
Administrator

todd_stewart@live.ca ainge_fan@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2014, 12:12:21 PM »

Seriously, we need to get this spot filled before the off-season. This team has some decent pieces on it and I don't want to see it rot.
Shame the team no longer has a top 4 pick after it was gifted away. Would been a,pretty sexy asset to an incoming guy.

I admit to being a little bitter about the deal with the Hawks, Pistons put the screws to me pretty good just to get one of my picks back, this seasons was "untouchable" until he decided he didn't want to be in the league anymore and traded a top pick in a deep draft for a middle of the road PG about to demand a big raise.

Screwed me, screwed the next GM of the Pistons and further skewed the power balance in the East. I like the guy outside of RBSL, but this is one of the bigger dick moves I've seen in my time here.

Were the Wizards' trades before I got here out of malice? I came here without my next 2 1sts and nothing to really show for it.
Naw, just dumb.

2021, 2022 and 2029 RBSL Champions
Bottlers Only Retired Number: 13 Carolanne Boutilier
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2014, 12:13:27 PM »

Not malice, just a guy who overvalued his team. He traded for a first team player who was ~26 and another solid ~26 year old - he just couldn't figure out how to get his roster to work together. Two picks for guys like that is a fine deal if the team works out. He bet it would and he was wrong.

I don't buy this Pistons conspiracy theory; it just doesn't make sense to me.

WizardsGM

Brian Jacobs

View Profile Email
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2014, 12:17:14 PM »

What teams are on the hot seat?

MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2014, 12:21:26 PM »

I don't make stuff like that public - I think it's toxic to the league. I reach out to GMs privately with bad attendance and let them know what's expected of them.

WizardsGM

Brian Jacobs

View Profile Email
« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2014, 12:32:28 PM »

I don't make stuff like that public - I think it's toxic to the league. I reach out to GMs privately with bad attendance and let them know what's expected of them.

Good point!

AsstRapsGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2014, 01:03:27 PM »

Travis apparently doesn't like me, so he trades me a pick just so he can screw over his actual friends and everyone else in the league? That's a pretty big stretch boys. My thought is he built this team thinking it would be so good and when it was shit in PS and Sim 1 he rage quit.. Scott you can relate right?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 01:12:55 PM by HawksGM » Logged

2030, 2036, 2037, 2038, 2048, 2049, 2050, 2053, 2063, 2064
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2014, 01:17:36 PM »

Travis apparently doesn't like me, so he trades me a pick just so he can screw over his actual friends and everyone else in the league? That's a pretty big stretch boys. My thought is he built this team thinking it would be so good and when it was shit in PS and Sim 1 he rage quit.. Scott you can relate right?

I absolutely agree with this (and I assume Dan can confirm this). He traded a good pick thinking his team was on the verge (and it looked like it was!) and then it crapped out a bit and he got mad and left.

Scott

View Profile Email
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2014, 03:45:39 PM »

This makes no sense to me. He has never been a fan of Lou so he does him a favor to stick it to the rest of the league? Wouldn't you stick it to the guy you didn't like, not the rest of the league (including Dan, his buddy)?

A little conspiracy theory is fun though!

What other expiation is there for making a trade that bad when you already know you're leaving the league?

He didn't even stick around to see how his new roster performed, and he left the league without even telling you he'd quit?  Doesn't sound like he much cared about the impact on the remaining GM's; if Dan hadn't talked him and told you we'd just be finding out now that he had quit.

MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2014, 03:49:03 PM »

This makes no sense to me. He has never been a fan of Lou so he does him a favor to stick it to the rest of the league? Wouldn't you stick it to the guy you didn't like, not the rest of the league (including Dan, his buddy)?

A little conspiracy theory is fun though!

What other expiation is there for making a trade that bad when you already know you're leaving the league?

He didn't even stick around to see how his new roster performed, and he left the league without even telling you he'd quit?  Doesn't sound like he much cared about the impact on the remaining GM's; if Dan hadn't talked him and told you we'd just be finding out now that he had quit.

Oh, he didn't make a single DC? Weird. I still don't get why he would screw over Dan like that. I think it's still a little tin foil hat for me, but it's interesting.

AsstRapsGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2014, 04:39:11 PM »

I just don't know why he'd pick me of all people to "throw" a pick at. Makes no sense to me in the least. Why would he ask for my starting PG and not trade it for some shitbag?

I mean I'd buy something like his interest was dwindling so he traded the pick for Olajuwon hoping he's the piece that brings it together, and when it didn't pay off immediately he just left.. The charity thing doesn't fit here at all. Also, why are we talking about Olajuwon like he's shit? When he traded for Olajuwon he was a 26yr old PG with A- DEF that came off a year of 4:1 (7th in APG) and was 9th in the league in SPG. He also made 4.5m which is exactly what travis needed because he couldn't add more salary being so snug to the cap.

One other thing.. If this trade was so ridiculous how did no-one comment on it? As Todd said we shit on every deal, yet this goes through perfectly clean until Travis quits? I think this is a perfect example of hindsight controlling the thought process. I don't disagree that him just disappearing was a totally shitty thing to do, but to chalk it up to a guy who wasn't a fan of me throwing charity my way just seems ridiculous. I think it's just a GM with years and years of shitty results thinking he had done everything in his power to make a good team and when it started poorly he sulked off into the sunset.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 04:51:18 PM by HawksGM » Logged

2030, 2036, 2037, 2038, 2048, 2049, 2050, 2053, 2063, 2064
Scott

View Profile Email
« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2014, 08:13:32 PM »

Too many things don't make sense with the deal, I don't know what his motivation was, but I'm certain it wasn't to try and improve his team for a run...

A) he was up against the cap (and still is), Olajuwon was an expiring contract, looking for a sizeable raise in the off-season
B) he didn't leave after his team failed to perform, he left before the season started, he just didn't tell anyone he was gone
C) Olajuwon is a good player, but he's still a 3 topg PG who doesn't score very well, plenty of those available for cheaper than a top five pick (which everyone had to know my pick would be). Shit, there's a better prospect at PG in the draft, for $10M cheaper per season

Like I said, I don't know what his motivation was, and I admit to being emotionally invested in this because it was my pick which he flat out refused to move (I barely got him to make the deal for next years which was a huge win for him). And I certainly don't blame Lou for accepting the offer.

But all those questions added to the fact he made the trade knowing he was leaving the league make it smell a little funny to me. It was a bad deal for the Pistons franchise, and considering that Olajuwon will be leaving in FA since there's no GM to resign him means it's a bad deal for the league as a whole.

I've met Travis in real life, and he's a friend of Dan and Jeff who are friends of mine, Travis is a good guy. That being said, leaving the league and not giving notice is a shitty move, making this deal knowing he was going is even worse. I've quit the league twice, so I don't fault him for that, but I've always done my best to leave my team, and the league, in as good a shape as possible for the next guy coming in.
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2014, 08:49:36 PM »

Too many things don't make sense with the deal, I don't know what his motivation was, but I'm certain it wasn't to try and improve his team for a run...

A) he was up against the cap (and still is), Olajuwon was an expiring contract, looking for a sizeable raise in the off-season
B) he didn't leave after his team failed to perform, he left before the season started, he just didn't tell anyone he was gone
C) Olajuwon is a good player, but he's still a 3 topg PG who doesn't score very well, plenty of those available for cheaper than a top five pick (which everyone had to know my pick would be). Shit, there's a better prospect at PG in the draft, for $10M cheaper per season

Like I said, I don't know what his motivation was, and I admit to being emotionally invested in this because it was my pick which he flat out refused to move (I barely got him to make the deal for next years which was a huge win for him). And I certainly don't blame Lou for accepting the offer.

But all those questions added to the fact he made the trade knowing he was leaving the league make it smell a little funny to me. It was a bad deal for the Pistons franchise, and considering that Olajuwon will be leaving in FA since there's no GM to resign him means it's a bad deal for the league as a whole.

I've met Travis in real life, and he's a friend of Dan and Jeff who are friends of mine, Travis is a good guy. That being said, leaving the league and not giving notice is a shitty move, making this deal knowing he was going is even worse. I've quit the league twice, so I don't fault him for that, but I've always done my best to leave my team, and the league, in as good a shape as possible for the next guy coming in.

Not a single person complained about the deal at the time so it can't have been as bad a deal as you're saying. I'd say Lou won the deal, but Olajuwon is very good and even high picks can turn out to be very "meh". Established good young players...

I'm bitter that he stopped playing without telling anyone. I think saying he "threw" the pick away purposefully to Lou is a bit out there.

Not a *single* person complained - and people complain about every single deal. 

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: