RBSL Forums
May 18, 2024, 10:55:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Server Back Online

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Current Openings/Waitlist  (Read 43290 times)
Scott

View Profile Email
« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2014, 09:21:51 PM »

In this league, for right or wrong, lotto picks are gold. And top five picks simply don't get traded.  I don't want to say that 13/9 PG's are a dime a dozen, but with 3 TOPG it's not like Olajuwon is a hot commodity, especially considering he was in the last year of his rookie contract.

Nobody knows what his motivation was but the fact is he traded a very valuable asset for a much less valuable piece on the eve of his departure from the league.  Any trade, especially a lopsided one, made by a GM who knows he's leaving the league when he makes the deal is going to be questioned.

As far as nobody commenting on the trade at the time... The two people who most often chime in are Lou, who was involved in the deal, and you, who was too busy ripping me for my trade with the Pistons. Wink  If the rest of the league knew that he had quit days after making this move I guarantee there would have been more chatter on the boards about it.

What's done is done; good for Lou, bad for the new PistonsGM, and not great for the league as a whole, and certainly not the Eastern conference.
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #91 on: March 14, 2014, 09:51:12 PM »

Someone find me a PistonsGM please. I don't know how we got sidetracked. This is non productive.

WizardsGM

Brian Jacobs

View Profile Email
« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2014, 09:57:07 PM »

Someone find me a PistonsGM please. I don't know how we got sidetracked. This is non productive.

Did you post in RealGM? lol that's how you snagged me.

Washington Wizards GM: 2056-Present
Career Record: 1816-1218 (59.9%)
Playoff Record: 192-131 (59.4%)
ECF Champs: 2061, 2070, 2071, 2086, 2087, 2088, 2091
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2014, 09:58:15 PM »

Did you post in RealGM? lol that's how you snagged me.

I'm like the second to last post and I edited it.

AsstRapsGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2014, 12:56:17 AM »

In this league, for right or wrong, lotto picks are gold. And top five picks simply don't get traded.  I don't want to say that 13/9 PG's are a dime a dozen, but with 3 TOPG it's not like Olajuwon is a hot commodity, especially considering he was in the last year of his rookie contract.

Nobody knows what his motivation was but the fact is he traded a very valuable asset for a much less valuable piece on the eve of his departure from the league.  Any trade, especially a lopsided one, made by a GM who knows he's leaving the league when he makes the deal is going to be questioned.

As far as nobody commenting on the trade at the time... The two people who most often chime in are Lou, who was involved in the deal, and you, who was too busy ripping me for my trade with the Pistons. Wink  If the rest of the league knew that he had quit days after making this move I guarantee there would have been more chatter on the boards about it.

What's done is done; good for Lou, bad for the new PistonsGM, and not great for the league as a whole, and certainly not the Eastern conference.

He posted a sim1 DC, so he definitely started the season.

Also, Olajuwon was a 2.3TOPG PG, not 3 Wink. Wasn't a rookie deal, he offered a sweet low first extension which also made him valuable.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 01:35:57 AM by HawksGM » Logged

2030, 2036, 2037, 2038, 2048, 2049, 2050, 2053, 2063, 2064
Dan

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2014, 05:33:14 AM »

Also, Olajuwon was a 2.3TOPG PG, not 3 Wink. Wasn't a rookie deal, he offered a sweet low first extension which also made him valuable.
this Dumbass debate needs to end. Travis left after rage quitting due to his team under performing. Yes T was a pain in the ass to negotiate with. Even with his close friends. Yes he left in a bad way. It's done. Let's get a new gm for the Pistons and move forward.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 05:34:59 AM by HeatGM » Logged
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2014, 10:58:37 AM »

this Dumbass debate needs to end. Travis left after rage quitting due to his team under performing. Yes T was a pain in the ass to negotiate with. Even with his close friends. Yes he left in a bad way. It's done. Let's get a new gm for the Pistons and move forward.

Yep.

AsstRapsGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2014, 11:03:43 AM »

Dan, if you had said that 4 pages ago I would have appreciated it!

Dan

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2014, 11:43:09 AM »

Dan, if you had said that 4 pages ago I would have appreciated it!

ya I know. I hate posting from my phone.
ExNuggetsGM

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 01, 2014, 05:33:56 PM »

I would not mind getting back in if you have an opening.
WizardsGM

Brian Jacobs

View Profile Email
« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2014, 06:05:38 PM »

Good to have you here. I'm sure Chris will get back to you very soon.

Washington Wizards GM: 2056-Present
Career Record: 1816-1218 (59.9%)
Playoff Record: 192-131 (59.4%)
ECF Champs: 2061, 2070, 2071, 2086, 2087, 2088, 2091
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2014, 07:08:08 PM »

Would you be interested in being an assistant GM until a spot opens up? I'm sure there would be some interested folks in having someone on board! (*cough* Lou)

ExNuggetsGM

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2014, 07:38:56 PM »

Would you be interested in being an assistant GM until a spot opens up? I'm sure there would be some interested folks in having someone on board! (*cough* Lou)

That is fine with me.
AsstRapsGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2014, 09:04:40 PM »

That is fine with me.
You're more than welcome to join the Hawks squad

ClippersGM
« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2014, 09:41:56 PM »

I wouldn't mind an assistant to be honest. Someone who would look at roster pages other than my own would probably be an asset.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
  Print  

Jump to: