RBSL Forums
May 19, 2024, 04:22:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Server Back Online

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Current Openings/Waitlist  (Read 43300 times)
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2014, 07:20:02 AM »

Seriously, we need to get this spot filled before the off-season. This team has some decent pieces on it and I don't want to see it rot.

Todd
Administrator

todd_stewart@live.ca ainge_fan@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2014, 07:29:14 AM »

Seriously, we need to get this spot filled before the off-season. This team has some decent pieces on it and I don't want to see it rot.
Shame the team no longer has a top 4 pick after it was gifted away. Would been a,pretty sexy asset to an incoming guy.

2021, 2022 and 2029 RBSL Champions
Bottlers Only Retired Number: 13 Carolanne Boutilier
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2014, 07:42:32 AM »

Shame the team no longer has a top 4 pick after it was gifted away. Would been a,pretty sexy asset to an incoming guy.

Yep, that team would be scary

AsstRapsGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2014, 08:44:01 AM »

my bad.

2030, 2036, 2037, 2038, 2048, 2049, 2050, 2053, 2063, 2064
Scott

View Profile Email
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2014, 09:33:42 AM »

Travis' FU to the league on the way out the door?

I admit to being a little bitter about the deal with the Hawks, Pistons put the screws to me pretty good just to get one of my picks back, this seasons was "untouchable" until he decided he didn't want to be in the league anymore and traded a top pick in a deep draft for a middle of the road PG about to demand a big raise.

Screwed me, screwed the next GM of the Pistons and further skewed the power balance in the East. I like the guy outside of RBSL, but this is one of the bigger dick moves I've seen in my time here.
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2014, 09:37:36 AM »

I admit to being a little bitter about the deal with the Hawks, Pistons put the screws to me pretty good just to get one of my picks back, this seasons was "untouchable" until he decided he didn't want to be in the league anymore and traded a top pick in a deep draft for a middle of the road PG about to demand a big raise.

Screwed me, screwed the next GM of the Pistons and further skewed the power balance in the East. I like the guy outside of RBSL, but this is one of the bigger dick moves I've seen in my time here.

Well, to be fair, it wasn't that obvious that the pick was a top4 pick when it was traded, right? I forget. The Suns weren't tanking at that point, right? Not that I loved the deal either, but I didn't recall it being a lock top5 pick when it was traded - it just turned out that way.

Scott

View Profile Email
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2014, 09:52:08 AM »

Well, to be fair, it wasn't that obvious that the pick was a top4 pick when it was traded, right? I forget. The Suns weren't tanking at that point, right? Not that I loved the deal either, but I didn't recall it being a lock top5 pick when it was traded - it just turned out that way.

My roster was exactly the same as it is today, I was clearly going to be in the bottom 2-3 teams, and he knew he was holding a top five pick. He also knew he was leaving the league.

This was nothing but poking the rest of the league in the eye by trading a top pick, in a far better than average draft, to one of the best teams in the league for a player that may have ended up in FA due to Hawks cap situation.

I busted my ass trying to get both picks back, nobody has forgotten the heat I took for my overpayment with Sundov and O'Quinn... Getting both my picks back in that deal would have been reasonable, but he barely agreed to send one pick back. But a day later he stops being so tight fisted and sends the better of the two picks he had to a GM that he doesn't particularly like and rarely deals with, for a non-impact PG?

It wasn't a gift to Lou, it was a fuck you to the other 27 GM's in the league, and the poor guy who takes over the Pistons.
AsstRapsGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2014, 09:53:43 AM »

Oh no, the pick was going to suck. I think that we all assumed his team had a shot at top 4 in the east when the season started though right? I mean his starting 5 wasn't bad at all.

Personally I don't think he traded that pick because he was leaving, Travis has never had any desire to help me out in anything sim related. I think he left because he made all these moves thinking he would kick ass and when his team bit the dick he peaced out.

AsstRapsGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2014, 09:55:59 AM »

As a sidenote, I'm not really sure the guy who takes over the Pistons is a "poor guy". He has a shot at 3 lotto picks in the next 2 years and guys he can definitely move for more.. It's not like he's taking over the Kings or Wizards who had no picks for 3 seasons.

P.S. I'm pretty sure Travis didn't particularly like anyone who isn't from the London people, so I'm not really upset by that comment.. lol

MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2014, 09:58:12 AM »

I thought the Pistons were a lock playoff team, and even had a shot to host a playoff round.

And I agree with Lou - that team has some talent and could be an easy rebuild (or move some pieces around and go for it with what it has)

Come on, bug your buddies.  Need this spot filled ASAP.

AsstRapsGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2014, 10:11:17 AM »

I thought the Pistons were a lock playoff team, and even had a shot to host a playoff round.

And I agree with Lou - that team has some talent and could be an easy rebuild (or move some pieces around and go for it with what it has)

Come on, bug your buddies.  Need this spot filled ASAP.
I'm having lunch with a sports junkie of mine and I'll try to convince him.

Scott

View Profile Email
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2014, 10:16:48 AM »

Oh no, the pick was going to suck. I think that we all assumed his team had a shot at top 4 in the east when the season started though right? I mean his starting 5 wasn't bad at all.

Personally I don't think he traded that pick because he was leaving, Travis has never had any desire to help me out in anything sim related. I think he left because he made all these moves thinking he would kick ass and when his team bit the dick he peaced out.

The fact Travis has never wanted to help you out is exactly why this deal smells so bad; he helped you out because it was the best way to stick it to the league on the way out the door.

He didn't want to make the Sundov deal because he didn't want to compete this year, he didn't want to give up my pick because he was "rebuilding". Then the next day he moves it to you for little in return, posts one depth chart and then quits without telling anyone?

No malice towards you, you're just the benefactor of someone else's league wide FU.
AsstRapsGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2014, 10:20:09 AM »

The fact Travis has never wanted to help you out is exactly why this deal smells so bad; he helped you out because it was the best way to stick it to the league on the way out the door.

He didn't want to make the Sundov deal because he didn't want to compete this year, he didn't want to give up my pick because he was "rebuilding". Then the next day he moves it to you for little in return, posts one depth chart and then quits without telling anyone?

No malice towards you, you're just the benefactor of someone else's league wide FU.
I mean in all fairness Travis and I were on much better terms now then say when he first started in the league.

If that's that case and he moved it to screw other people I honestly feel bad. I never really thought something like that would occur - he had been asking about Olajuwon for over a season..

MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2014, 10:29:17 AM »

This makes no sense to me. He has never been a fan of Lou so he does him a favor to stick it to the rest of the league? Wouldn't you stick it to the guy you didn't like, not the rest of the league (including Dan, his buddy)?

A little conspiracy theory is fun though!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 10:42:48 AM by MagicGM » Logged

Jeff
Moderators

View Profile Email
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2014, 11:20:22 AM »

I mean in all fairness Travis and I were on much better terms now then say when he first started in the league.

If that's that case and he moved it to screw other people I honestly feel bad. I never really thought something like that would occur - he had been asking about Olajuwon for over a season..

Prove it by moving the pick to me  Grin  - You know, the GM that apparently can't even lose properly. Take pity on my failure!

RBSL Champions - 2031
BucksGM 2026 - 2065
KingsGM 2065 - Present
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: