RBSL Forums
May 10, 2024, 04:47:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Server Back Online

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: New Pistons  (Read 11533 times)
AsstRapsGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 10:10:02 AM »

well so if i trade my 040 pick to make a deal possible is this still an option? Sorry but being a gm means operatiing with what is available at the moment not in the future. that is like telling a guy i will give you 2000 cash i will earn in the future. i mean how many future considerations can you make before your team can't fullfill their duties anymore.
I dunno.. Ask the Blazers Tongue

2030, 2036, 2037, 2038, 2048, 2049, 2050, 2053, 2063, 2064
SpiritGM

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 10:55:52 AM »

Of course it is an option. Just ask Isiah Thomas!  Grin As long as it doesn't violate any rules, GMs are free to use whatever assets they have, current or future.

If you think this is unreasonable, sim league probably isn't your thing. Fantasy bball is more suitable.

well so if i trade my 040 pick to make a deal possible is this still an option? Sorry but being a gm means operatiing with what is available at the moment not in the future. that is like telling a guy i will give you 2000 cash i will earn in the future. i mean how many future considerations can you make before your team can't fullfill their duties anymore.
AsstRapsGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010, 11:10:40 AM »

Of course it is an option. Just ask Isiah Thomas!  Grin As long as it doesn't violate any rules, GMs are free to use whatever assets they have, current or future.

If you think this is unreasonable, sim league probably isn't your thing. Fantasy bball is more suitable.

I understand both of what you're saying.. The problem here might be the fact there is no proof you are supposed to end up with that pick, and why didnt you say anything as soon as PistonsGM retired?

Aamir

aamir_h13@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2010, 11:48:30 AM »

Hey now....

Future considerations is only rehtoric and political speech. It always has a distinguishable piece for me Tongue

Aamir

aamir_h13@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2010, 11:49:00 AM »

Oh and for the record, we are not in any debt (in fact we're owed some stuff)

So, kiss my patootie.

SpiritGM

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2010, 12:27:25 PM »

I have the PMs still if you need me to forward it. Ex-PistonsGM and I also posted (a deleted) trade thread for him trading nothing and I get the '35 pick. I think Clips said it wouldn't be valid since he traded his '34 first - hence it was deleted.

I wasn't aware Pistons retired until before I posted.

I understand both of what you're saying.. The problem here might be the fact there is no proof you are supposed to end up with that pick, and why didnt you say anything as soon as PistonsGM retired?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 12:32:57 PM by MavsGM » Logged
AsstRapsGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2010, 12:41:22 PM »

I have the PMs still if you need me to forward it. Ex-PistonsGM and I also posted (a deleted) trade thread for him trading nothing and I get the '35 pick. I think Clips said it wouldn't be valid since he traded his '34 first - hence it was deleted.

Dude where the hell have you been? lol

Aamir

aamir_h13@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2010, 01:01:42 PM »

Well if it makes a difference, I, a long time ago made a deal with a team where I owed the team a 1st in a future year. The team I did business with, the GM retired before I managed to trade them the pick I owed them. I ended up trading the 1st to the new GM.

All in all, I still think Mav deserves to get the pick he's owed.

AsstRapsGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2010, 01:12:54 PM »

Well if it makes a difference, I, a long time ago made a deal with a team where I owed the team a 1st in a future year. The team I did business with, the GM retired before I managed to trade them the pick I owed them. I ended up trading the 1st to the new GM.

I dont disagree with this at all.. I just think that a) the timing sucks b) I have to see pms, etc., that 100% prove thats his pick.

Aamir

aamir_h13@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2010, 01:14:00 PM »

I dont disagree with this at all.. I just think that a) the timing sucks b) I have to see pms, etc., that 100% prove thats his pick.

Yeah of course.

We also need to find a PistonsGM Tongue

AsstRapsGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2010, 01:15:17 PM »

Yeah of course.

Good luck with that one now..

Aamir

aamir_h13@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2010, 01:17:57 PM »

Yeah of course.

Good luck with that one now..

Note: I said 'We'...that would encompass RBSL....I just act as wallpaper.

ClippersGM
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2010, 05:36:47 PM »

OK guys I read my PMs before this thread. I didnt find the evidence to be irrefutable in my PM, but this comment I bolded I do remember. I remember clearly the old Pistons posting the thread but it would have left him without a first two years in a row. So he said he would repost when he got it. I clearly remember this attempted transaction and being aware that they had an unfinished business with a draft pick to the Mavs. For me, as Commish, that is enough proof for me.
Pat

Pat

phatmaster_beatz@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2010, 11:27:35 AM »

You know, somebody could have just asked me lol. And yes, the Mavs are owed a pick from a previous deal I made.

Toodles, children.

2-TIME RBSL WORLD CHAMPIONS

Retired Numbers:
7 Jermaine O'Neal
9 Tony Parker, HoF
23 Ron Artest
15 Carmelo Anthony, HoF
27 Nicklaus Lyles, HoF
Aamir

aamir_h13@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2010, 11:35:24 AM »

You know, somebody could have just asked me lol. And yes, the Mavs are owed a pick from a previous deal I made.

Toodles, children.

OMG its pat!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: