RBSL Forums
May 20, 2024, 12:27:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Server Back Online

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: NBA Draft 2012 - Your Toronto Raptors Wish List  (Read 27867 times)
Pat

Pat

phatmaster_beatz@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« on: June 28, 2012, 11:17:19 AM »

Anthony Davis
Bradley Beal
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Harrison Barnes
Thomas Robinson
Damian Lillard
Andre Drummond

That's 7 guys. The Raps pick 8th lol.

2-TIME RBSL WORLD CHAMPIONS

Retired Numbers:
7 Jermaine O'Neal
9 Tony Parker, HoF
23 Ron Artest
15 Carmelo Anthony, HoF
27 Nicklaus Lyles, HoF
AsstRapsGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 11:43:47 AM »

Anthony Davis
Bradley Beal
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Harrison Barnes
Thomas Robinson
Damian Lillard
Andre Drummond

That's 7 guys. The Raps pick 8th lol.

I actually think thats how the top 7 go too.. Drummond higher, Barnes lower.. I just think the Raps take Rivers.. Not sure why, but he might have a bit of Steph Curry in him.

2030, 2036, 2037, 2038, 2048, 2049, 2050, 2053, 2063, 2064
BlazersGM
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 11:49:02 AM »

Ehhh River's needs to hit the gym, if he had his dad's body Jesus he'd be good.
AsstRapsGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 11:50:26 AM »

Ehhh River's needs to hit the gym, if he had his dad's body Jesus he'd be good.
He's actually gotten much bigger they said.. I think that with his dad as a mentor it'll only help.. I'd gamble on him at 8 absolutely.

Pat

Pat

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 11:56:38 AM »

I actually think thats how the top 7 go too.. Drummond higher, Barnes lower.. I just think the Raps take Rivers.. Not sure why, but he might have a bit of Steph Curry in him.

I'm not big on Rivers. He's a volume scorer and ball-dominator. He'd be a rich man's Jerryd Bayless.

Retired Numbers:
7 Jermaine O'Neal
9 Tony Parker, HoF
23 Ron Artest
15 Carmelo Anthony, HoF
27 Nicklaus Lyles, HoF
AsstRapsGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 11:58:20 AM »

Well Pat, this is where you tell us who you'd take if you had 8 and those 7 were gone? lol

Waiters?

BullsGM
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 11:59:35 AM »

I'm a Magic fan. Can anyone fill me in on a non-bias report on Kendall Marshall? Damn, the kid reminds of the Marcus Williams from UCONN. I dont think he'd be any good.

I think draft steal here is Waiters. 
AsstRapsGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 12:13:50 PM »

I'm a Magic fan. Can anyone fill me in on a non-bias report on Kendall Marshall? Damn, the kid reminds of the Marcus Williams from UCONN. I dont think he'd be any good.

I think draft steal here is Waiters. 
I think his BEST case is Mark Jackson..

The guy is a great passer but I'm pretty sure I can score as well as him in the NBA. Think Jamaal Tinsley when he was young.

He's very smart, he's a great passer, he just cant shoot worth a fuck. If he develops a jump shot he would be very good.

BlazersGM
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 12:21:09 PM »

Yeah Marshall will never be a big time scorer, but his BB IQ is off the charts. I think he has to tools to be an excellent defender, Prime Marshall would look like this in RBSL C / B / A / A- / D. 

The Magic have so many issues, I don't even know where to begin with that team, they should have traded Howard his year and tanked with Jersey's pick and another lottery pick probably top 7 as well, it would have jump started their rebuild. There aren't any sure thing outside of Davis who going to be an awesome defender at the NBA level. I think you'll see alot of nice 2nd / 3rd options that come out here.
Pat

Pat

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 12:25:38 PM »

Yeah Marshall will never be a big time scorer, but his BB IQ is off the charts. I think he has to tools to be an excellent defender, Prime Marshall would look like this in RBSL C / B / A / A- / D. 

The Magic have so many issues, I don't even know where to begin with that team, they should have traded Howard his year and tanked with Jersey's pick and another lottery pick probably top 7 as well, it would have jump started their rebuild. There aren't any sure thing outside of Davis who going to be an awesome defender at the NBA level. I think you'll see alot of nice 2nd / 3rd options that come out here.

I don't think Marshall will ever be an A- type defender. He's a B at best, probably a B-.

Retired Numbers:
7 Jermaine O'Neal
9 Tony Parker, HoF
23 Ron Artest
15 Carmelo Anthony, HoF
27 Nicklaus Lyles, HoF
Pat

Pat

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 12:26:46 PM »

Well Pat, this is where you tell us who you'd take if you had 8 and those 7 were gone? lol

Waiters?

Either Waiters or Lamb. I don't mind Rivers if we trade down to get him.

Retired Numbers:
7 Jermaine O'Neal
9 Tony Parker, HoF
23 Ron Artest
15 Carmelo Anthony, HoF
27 Nicklaus Lyles, HoF
BlazersGM
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 12:43:41 PM »

I don't think Marshall will ever be an A- type defender. He's a B at best, probably a B-.

We'll agree to disagree on that, Marshall has alot going for him is that he will be able to defend any point guard. He's quick and his frame will easily support another 10 pounds without losing his agility. He's faster than Chris Paul was in his 3/4 court sprint, and he's fundamentally sound, if you watch some of his game, his defensive footwork is beautiful and he's very good at moving to the spot. Unlike say Teague, whose got terrible foot work and defensive positioning. I think Marshall is going to turn out to be an excellent NBA point guard.
Pat

Pat

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 12:51:39 PM »

We'll agree to disagree on that, Marshall has alot going for him is that he will be able to defend any point guard. He's quick and his frame will easily support another 10 pounds without losing his agility. He's faster than Chris Paul was in his 3/4 court sprint, and he's fundamentally sound, if you watch some of his game, his defensive footwork is beautiful and he's very good at moving to the spot. Unlike say Teague, whose got terrible foot work and defensive positioning. I think Marshall is going to turn out to be an excellent NBA point guard.

There is little correlation b/w the sprint and defense. The agility drill is a little better, but even that's not a science. Sonny Weems had a great agility time, but nobody thinks "defender" when talking about Sonny Weems.

Retired Numbers:
7 Jermaine O'Neal
9 Tony Parker, HoF
23 Ron Artest
15 Carmelo Anthony, HoF
27 Nicklaus Lyles, HoF
AsstRapsGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 12:51:46 PM »

This scouting report would disagree with you..

"Not an explosive athlete ... Average footspeed limits his defensive potential ... "

AsstRapsGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 01:11:31 PM »

Everything I've heard the last hour is saying Waiters is flying up the boards.. We might end up with a guy like Drummond.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: