RBSL Forums
May 19, 2024, 10:19:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Server Back Online

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: NBA Draft 2012 - Your Toronto Raptors Wish List  (Read 27865 times)
BlazersGM
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2012, 01:18:54 PM »

Yeah, the NBA is becoming more PnR focused anyways, footwork  and footspeed are different, he's definitely not as fast in a defensive stance as say, Russell Westbrook. I was saying from a fundamental standpoint, he's definitely not a god tier athlete but for his size he's quick he just is going to have to learn how to use his size to negate speed, which I think he'll be successful at in the NBA if he can get to 210. The other thing is that he's obviously coachable and is willing to do the hard work, not all these guys are about that Fab Melo for example.
BlazersGM
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2012, 01:20:43 PM »

Everything I've heard the last hour is saying Waiters is flying up the boards.. We might end up with a guy like Drummond.

Yeah I'm somewhat surprised by this, he must have ace'd his interviews.
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2012, 01:47:16 PM »

I, for one, hope it's a smokescreen. I want Beal, MKG, or Barnes, in that order (Cavs at 4). I still think Charlotte's going to trade down to us.

ExPacersGM

CraDanMil243
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2012, 06:49:17 PM »

Yeah, the NBA is becoming more PnR focused anyways, footwork  and footspeed are different, he's definitely not as fast in a defensive stance as say, Russell Westbrook. I was saying from a fundamental standpoint, he's definitely not a god tier athlete but for his size he's quick he just is going to have to learn how to use his size to negate speed, which I think he'll be successful at in the NBA if he can get to 210. The other thing is that he's obviously coachable and is willing to do the hard work, not all these guys are about that Fab Melo for example.

Melo may not have done shit in the classroom but he actually did put in a ton of work between his freshman and sophomore year to go from a slow lazy fatty to one of the more NBA-ready bodies in the draft.
BlazersGM
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2012, 06:54:06 PM »

Yeah Melo played @ the same AAU club as me he was a "little" kid at the time, I hope it turns out even though he cost me my NCAA pool.
BullsGM
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2012, 07:19:06 PM »

Sorry guys. Wished the best for y'all
ClippersGM
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2012, 08:59:00 PM »

I'm a Magic fan. Can anyone fill me in on a non-bias report on Kendall Marshall? Damn, the kid reminds of the Marcus Williams from UCONN. I dont think he'd be any good.  

I follow UNC 24/7, and Marshall is Andre Miller 2.0. Great speed, court vision and passing ability, has an OK shot that got better over the year. Will get lit up defensively though. Comes with none of the character issues that Marcus had though.
BullsGM
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2012, 10:33:12 PM »

MOTHEREFING DRAFT The MAGIC PASSED ON PJ3 AND SULLINGER. OH GAWD
Jeff
Moderators

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2012, 10:42:13 PM »

MOTHEREFING DRAFT The MAGIC PASSED ON PJ3 AND SULLINGER. OH GAWD

Tons of teams passed on PJ3. There must be legitimacy to that knee injury.

I'm baffled the Heat let him go by. Perfect scenario for them. Low risk, very high reward player.

The Thunder's gain could be ALOT of teams loss.

RBSL Champions - 2031
BucksGM 2026 - 2065
KingsGM 2065 - Present
BullsGM
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2012, 12:07:35 AM »

True but if its just a MCL, as I suspect, a surgery asap would give him enough time to start the season healthy.
Todd
Administrator

todd_stewart@live.ca ainge_fan@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2012, 05:36:41 AM »

Well, the Raps guy looks athletic and twitchy and he can shoot it with range. Kids gotta rep for playing good D...with TRoss and Jonas coming on board under Casey, the infusion of youth and energy could really pay off.

2021, 2022 and 2029 RBSL Champions
Bottlers Only Retired Number: 13 Carolanne Boutilier
ClippersGM
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2012, 05:44:31 AM »

Raps should have traded the pick when Waiters and Barnes came off the board.
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2012, 06:56:19 AM »

Actual conversation last night while watching the draft with my girlfriend:

"The Raptors are now on the clock."

"Their mascot is the Raptors? Seriously?" *she squints at the tv and sees the Raptors logo*. Is that raptor playing basketball? Were there seriously no other mascots left? They couldn't have been the Toronto Maple Leafs?" "uh, that's already a hockey team" "They couldn't have been the Toronto Maple Syrup?"

Then the Raps make a pick that make me feel less awful about the Cavs' Waiters pick. And I start railing on it. She says, "And they have the stupidest fucking mascot in sports, too."

Ladies and gentlemen, the Toronto Raptors?

AsstRapsGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2012, 08:11:51 AM »

"Their mascot is the Raptors? Seriously?" *she squints at the tv and sees the Raptors logo*. Is that raptor playing basketball? Were there seriously no other mascots left? They couldn't have been the Toronto Maple Leafs?" "uh, that's already a hockey team" "They couldn't have been the Toronto Maple Syrup?"

Then the Raps make a pick that make me feel less awful about the Cavs' Waiters pick. And I start railing on it. She says, "And they have the stupidest fucking mascot in sports, too."

Dude. You're a Cavs fan.

2030, 2036, 2037, 2038, 2048, 2049, 2050, 2053, 2063, 2064
Jeff
Moderators

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2012, 08:58:46 AM »

Dude. You're a Cavs fan.

Dude you're forgetting that their GM guaranteed they'd win a title before Lebron. That means they should be a lock to win the title say.....oh.....last year! Lol

RBSL Champions - 2031
BucksGM 2026 - 2065
KingsGM 2065 - Present
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: