RBSL Forums
May 20, 2024, 01:55:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Server Back Online

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 NBA draft  (Read 9755 times)
BlazersGM
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2013, 01:04:17 PM »

The Magic are garbage indefinitely so its worth a shot I don't see anyone in this draft becoming a superstar beyond Burke, no one screams killer instinct. After watching Burke play he really reminds me of a cross between CP3 and healthy Sean Livingston. Also Shane Larkin has the tools to be a stud as well. Oh well, I'm looking forward to seeing what Miami does this offseason. If we get Oden and he can play 15 minutes a game... 3peat bitches.
i think the magice have a bright future with harris, vujevic. if the trade with the clippers will go down, they will have a solid starting 5, cap space and a projected high pick in 2014. they should be back withn 2-3 years.
Well heat are still the team to beat but showed to me that they can be beaen by bulls, pacers and maybe nets. Oden won't make any difference in 15mins. And don't forget this might be the last year of Lb in Heat uniform.

LBJ is not leaving Miami let's be real here, He and Wade are best friends they do everything together, Pat Riley is the best GM in the league right now, you have a conversation with him and you walk out feeling good about taking millions of dollars less. The organization is well run and they have the ability to actually lure FAs because the weather and city are amazing. They win next season, they have a legitimate shot at 4 straight which establishes them as the most dominate team since the 60s Celtics which won 8 in a row.

Also Oden can be a factor, look at what Mike Miller did in 15 minutes a game in the playoff if he can come in and provide some solid defense and make a play or 2 on the glass. That would be huge.  I'm still not scared of anyone in the East as long as Wade stops getting fucking getting bone bruises. If he's healthy it's not even close. The wild card is Chris Bosh, if they could get some consistency out of him they'd be fine. Also now that Westbrook is healthy again, the Thunder are the favorite and in case no one remember LBJ got Durant by his jock strap
BlazersGM
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2013, 01:06:10 PM »

I'm very disappointed in my Suns for moving up one damn spot to take a guy who they could have moved down for in Goodwin. And also because he sucks. Dude is nothing but a track star with no real skills. You can get away with that when you're 6'10"+ cause you can still get rebounds and block shots but what's a 6'5" guy like that gonna do to impact the game?

I also think they would have been better served taking McLemore at 5. Len might be ok, but I would've been much more comfortable with him if Ben was already gone.

Len scares me, if your going to draft him you gotta play the kid because he needs NBA game time. I could see him developing into a more finesse version of Hibbert in a couple of seasons.
OldNuggetsGM

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2013, 03:22:51 PM »

LBJ is not leaving Miami let's be real here, He and Wade are best friends they do everything together, Pat Riley is the best GM in the league right now, you have a conversation with him and you walk out feeling good about taking millions of dollars less. The organization is well run and they have the ability to actually lure FAs because the weather and city are amazing. They win next season, they have a legitimate shot at 4 straight which establishes them as the most dominate team since the 60s Celtics which won 8 in a row.

Also Oden can be a factor, look at what Mike Miller did in 15 minutes a game in the playoff if he can come in and provide some solid defense and make a play or 2 on the glass. That would be huge.  I'm still not scared of anyone in the East as long as Wade stops getting fucking getting bone bruises. If he's healthy it's not even close. The wild card is Chris Bosh, if they could get some consistency out of him they'd be fine. Also now that Westbrook is healthy again, the Thunder are the favorite and in case no one remember LBJ got Durant by his jock strap
this is just wishful thinking. the reality is that wade is getting older and in 2 years might retire. Don't you think LB will take the chance to play with Kyrie and raise his legacy by winning rings with different teams and for his hometown.
BlazersGM
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2013, 03:25:31 PM »

this is just wishful thinking. the reality is that wade is getting older and in 2 years might retire. Don't you think LB will take the chance to play with Kyrie and raise his legacy by winning rings with different teams and for his hometown.

Lol Wade is not retiring in two years. He won't go back to Cleveland and tbh Kyrie isn't going to stay there long term.

Also Wade's injuries aren't the type that end a career bone bruises just don't heal.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 03:30:23 PM by BlazersGM » Logged
SpiritGM

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2013, 12:13:47 AM »

Wade is close to being done. It's not just the bone bruise. He's getting old and his jumper is not good enough to prolong his career.

I love Oladipo's game. He's a leader, smart and made a huge jump offensively last year. I think he'll be a lesser D-Wade on offense at his peak with killer D. I would've picked him #1.

Surprised Noel dropped so far - there's gotta be some injury concerns. He needs to pack on the pounds (Dipo's got about 5 lbs on him now!!!!), otherwise he'll have to play 3 for a long while. The other risk is even if he can put on weight, it's gonna be more stress on his knees etc. I can't see him posting 15/11/3 - that's probably Unibrow's ceiling. I think Nerlens will get about 10/9/2.5 ish.
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2013, 12:26:30 AM »

I think teams are concerned about taking a guy that high that's only one-dimensional at best. I'm not surprised Noel fell.

I could see LeBron wanting to correct the hit to his rep from the decision. Whether he does or not, I don't know. If I had to pick a team right now that I think he goes to it's the Lakers, but what do I know. I think Lakers, stay in Miami, and go back to Cleveland. There's no way he isn't at least thinking about it after the hit he took, and the team has a better young core than it ever had with him before he left.

I think Wade has 2-3 years left at a high level, and then he'll be done. Sorry Greg. I don't think his game is going to translate well.

Who says Kyrie isn't going to stay? Max cap space and a good young core. Lebron going there would certainly keep him there, one would think.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 12:29:50 AM by MagicGM » Logged

BlazersGM
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2013, 01:26:35 AM »

Wade is close to being done. It's not just the bone bruise. He's getting old and his jumper is not good enough to prolong his career.

I love Oladipo's game. He's a leader, smart and made a huge jump offensively last year. I think he'll be a lesser D-Wade on offense at his peak with killer D. I would've picked him #1.

Surprised Noel dropped so far - there's gotta be some injury concerns. He needs to pack on the pounds (Dipo's got about 5 lbs on him now!!!!), otherwise he'll have to play 3 for a long while. The other risk is even if he can put on weight, it's gonna be more stress on his knees etc. I can't see him posting 15/11/3 - that's probably Unibrow's ceiling. I think Nerlens will get about 10/9/2.5 ish.

Wade's injuries with the exception of the shoulder are all the nagging type. His jump shot is something that has always been streaky but he also isn't shooting the ball as much as he did in the past. If you watch him a majority of his scoring comes from off the ball cuts and screen or in the post all of which translate to success later in his career. I'm fairly certain that he's going to be making a trip to Germany at some point in the near future. Anyhow if he gives me 2-3 years of 22/5/5 on 52% in 72 games I'll be pretty happy, because we're winning at least 2 more titles in that span.

In terms of LeBron he doesn't leave Miami. His reputation has already been rehabbed, and going back to Cleveland is just not going to happen. I think he stays in Miami or he's going to New York because winning a title in New York >>>>>> LA or anywhere else in the NBA, in terms of marketing. I just don't see it happening, there are very few people that move to Florida and then leave Florida, you just don't do it.

On Noel, I think he's got Amare potential offensively in terms of scoring off pick and rolls. He's going to develop a jump shot and as long as he can get back to a semi healthy state he'll be able to contribute defensively as PF (there aren't many PFs who are going to just body him up and score).

Ultimately I think Trey Burke and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope are the two guys who have All-Star written all over them, it's a point guard league and Burke especially has the skillset to come right in and do really well with Jazz.
SpiritGM

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2013, 01:30:39 AM »

Wade's already had enough PEDs.. don't know how blood spinning will help him LOL  Cheesy

I'm not that high on Burke - I actually like MCW more than him.. He does have potential though Jazz likes to bring their PGs along slowly... I read today even Stockton didn't start until his 4th year!
AsstRapsGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2013, 11:58:31 AM »

What I love is people talking in certainties when you guys dont know..
"LBJ will definitely stay in Miami".. Yes, cause he called you and told you?

Do I think LBJ is going to leave Miami? Probably not. Am I as certain as a Miami Heat fan? No.

2030, 2036, 2037, 2038, 2048, 2049, 2050, 2053, 2063, 2064
ExPacersGM

CraDanMil243
View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2013, 06:01:24 PM »

Ha, sorry to all the Bledsoe jock-riders
BlazersGM
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2013, 07:02:08 PM »

What I love is people talking in certainties when you guys dont know..
"LBJ will definitely stay in Miami".. Yes, cause he called you and told you?

Do I think LBJ is going to leave Miami? Probably not. Am I as certain as a Miami Heat fan? No.

I actually do know this personally. He used to come to my sex parties
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: