RBSL Forums
May 05, 2024, 06:18:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Server Back Online

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HARD CAP VIOLATION : MIAMI HEAT  (Read 3977 times)
Todd
Administrator

todd_stewart@live.ca ainge_fan@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« on: July 24, 2008, 10:44:19 PM »

It has recently come to my attention that the Miami Heat have exceeded the league's hard cap of 90mil. They will be given until the trade deadline to get under the hard cap or their top scorer from last year will be placed on waivers.

2021, 2022 and 2029 RBSL Champions
Bottlers Only Retired Number: 13 Carolanne Boutilier
exhawksheat

hawksgm@gmail.com realgmoftheyear
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 10:45:13 PM »

Doesn't the rule state that if they are over the hard cap when the sim takes place then they loose their highest scorer?

msn: Hawksgm@gmail.com

'08 '12
ClippersGM
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 11:58:14 PM »

It should be that he has to get under by the next sim or last year's scorer is lost at the beginning of that sim (ie, I cut the player and adjust salaries prior to simming).
HeatGM
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 01:19:56 PM »

It was my belief that the hard cap was $96,000,000. I was told that by another GM here (can't remember who it was though, and I've deleted a bunch of my early PMs), and when I glanced at the "hard cap rules" thread, I only saw the $96,000,000 (bolded) figure, and didn't look at the years covered. Below that, I now see the (non-bolded) $90 million. I'd also like to note that the hard cap figure does not appear on the league's rules page.
I'd appreciate having until the trade deadline to get below the cap.
Dan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 05:02:33 PM »

It was my belief that the hard cap was $96,000,000. I was told that by another GM here (can't remember who it was though, and I've deleted a bunch of my early PMs), and when I glanced at the "hard cap rules" thread, I only saw the $96,000,000 (bolded) figure, and didn't look at the years covered. Below that, I now see the (non-bolded) $90 million. I'd also like to note that the hard cap figure does not appear on the league's rules page.
Thats y you have to comb the boards and rules to make sure of everything so u dont get burned.
Todd
Administrator

todd_stewart@live.ca ainge_fan@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 07:16:39 AM »

That's the reason why I'm giving you until the trade deadline. In future, it would be best for you to check for rule clarification with myself, ClippersGM, or CelticsGM to eliminate any miscommunication.

2021, 2022 and 2029 RBSL Champions
Bottlers Only Retired Number: 13 Carolanne Boutilier
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: