RBSL Forums
May 20, 2024, 08:12:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Server Back Online

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: RBSL Podcast: Weekly on Wednesdays, first podcast video is up!  (Read 49538 times)
Jeff
Moderators

View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2012, 09:22:21 PM »

Alright, supposedly this link should work once it's done processing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WQzEBFMtVU&feature=youtube_gdata

Awesome chris. Thanks a million. You just gave me something to do on my night shift haha

RBSL Champions - 2031
BucksGM 2026 - 2065
KingsGM 2065 - Present
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2012, 10:25:17 PM »

It "was too long" so I'm going to have to upload it in parts.

Jeff
Moderators

View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2012, 10:27:44 PM »

Was just gonna write this. Thanks for accommodating my non-computer owning ass

RBSL Champions - 2031
BucksGM 2026 - 2065
KingsGM 2065 - Present
Craig

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2012, 10:57:58 PM »

Just finished watching 'er.  Great job again... !  Laugh out loud stuff a handful of times, great analysis too.  League isn't skipping a beat without Nick right now... funnest it's been, actually, it quite some time.   Would be even better if the East had some better teams but we're headed in that direction.  Smiley  Kudos again

Craig
sly @ RealGM

2051 | 2061 | 2065 | 2067 | 2069
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2012, 11:46:43 PM »

Was just gonna write this. Thanks for accommodating my non-computer owning ass

Alright, so, here goes. 5 parts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTV1Scc7-K4&list=PL6DB12E3126B2ABE8&index=1&feature=plpp_video has the whole list. In case your phone doesn't like the list and you have to look at each video individually:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTV1Scc7-K4&list=PL6DB12E3126B2ABE8&index=1&feature=plpp_video

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkEVyGX69IU&list=PL6DB12E3126B2ABE8&index=2&feature=plpp_video

Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-CyvM1EVII&list=PL6DB12E3126B2ABE8&index=3&feature=plpp_video

Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k9u_wm1oGE&list=PL6DB12E3126B2ABE8&index=4&feature=plpp_video

Part 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySMzBYrKTrQ&list=PL6DB12E3126B2ABE8&index=5&feature=plpp_video

Jeff
Moderators

View Profile Email
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2012, 01:03:44 AM »

I've only watched the first two parts, but my quote of the podcast:

Lou: Jeff will tell you Stankovic is an all-league defender but I'm not buying it

Yes I will tell you that because two seasons ago he was exactly that hahaha

I'm not gonna lie, you guys took it easy on me with that trade analysis. If I was part of the podcast I would have been harder on myself. I told Steve that most likely I lost that deal. I had a few decent offers but nothing that got me what I wanted: alot of youth, a pick, and cap room. I got that with this deal. Odds are if I waited until after FA, I could have got more, but I'm impatient. That's no excuse, just who I am lol

I love Walsh. He reminds me of Conner Wu. Sure he's only got a 16ppg average, but he hasn't been a top 1 or 2 option and I think he's capable of 20ppg, honestly I do. I like Shelton. He might end up being shit but I liked him in the draft and still think he could be a solid player. McDyess will start for me at SG and I bet he surprises a few people. He's got great shooting numbers and solid defense and is an expiring ontop of that. Erving is also solid and I've had inquiries about him already. He can play and score in bunches if given the chance. He also shoots great numbers.

Lou was right about an obsession to get younger, including this constant bug in my ear named Lou who was telling me to get younger haha. I had solid offers for young guys but too many were locked up on max or near max deals that I wasn't sure were justified so I didn't pull the trigger on those deals.

And an FYI, I wasn't upset about the playoff loss. I was planning a shake up in my mind before playoffs started haha. I was ecstatic to get out of round 1 after back to back years of 1st round losses even after securing a top seed.

I'll have questions for the next podcast for sure. I live what I've seen so far. I wish I had a computer so I could get in on this. I found myself talking out loud in rebuttle to your trade analysis haha. I'd love to make a special guest appearance one week  Grin

Amazing job guys! And thanks for taking it easy on me this week! 

RBSL Champions - 2031
BucksGM 2026 - 2065
KingsGM 2065 - Present
Todd
Administrator

todd_stewart@live.ca ainge_fan@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2012, 09:31:45 AM »

Alright, supposedly this link should work once it's done processing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WQzEBFMtVU&feature=youtube_gdata

Awesome chris. Thanks a million. You just gave me something to do on my night shift haha
LOL, I can see this well!

Big Ole Jeff walking around, enforcing by-laws, with earphones in rocking to the podcast.

2021, 2022 and 2029 RBSL Champions
Bottlers Only Retired Number: 13 Carolanne Boutilier
Todd
Administrator

todd_stewart@live.ca ainge_fan@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2012, 09:44:43 AM »

Listened to 'em both, well done guys. Interesting commentary all over the board - a great add to the league.
Re. comments about my team: namely, how I was peddling Wu around before and the contracts and ages of my best guys. I kinda agree with Jeff....I wouldn't mind hopping on there to describe my thought processes.
I got to the point where I had to decide if I was going for it, and how was I going to do it. First off, I'd rather win than not. I'm pretty good at covering my bases. I had youth I hoped would develop behind them to ease their transition from 'aging useful' to 'aging declining' - the guys in the background just didn't develop into more reliable, productive guys. Secondly, yes, my big two/three they have big contracts, but I have cheap ones to balance it out, and I don't mind paying for one of the best backcourts in the league. Once you're over the soft cap, from a competitiveness standpoint, it's relatively immaterial. Wu, on the other hand, was available yes....but necessity is the mother of invention and he moved into the 3 spot just fine.
No sense being afraid of spending the dollars and having veteran players if they can play. The two biggest 'decline concerns' just had insane seasons - and if they did have any decline, it was negligible. If they decline more this year, I can slide them to the bench and have one or two more 6MOY candidates. Gotta keep the options open.

2021, 2022 and 2029 RBSL Champions
Bottlers Only Retired Number: 13 Carolanne Boutilier
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2012, 10:52:02 AM »

Happy to have people come on and explain their reasoning. Just shoot me a day you're available and we can do some guest appearances or something.

MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2012, 03:20:28 PM »

Also, I'm trying to come up with TBD, but would appreciate some suggestions. I'm in charge of the bank but since I'm essentially giving myself money I'd like some suggetions. I was thinking trying to make it similar to articles - somewhere around 300-400 for the hosts (we put at least an hour of prep in, with selecting questions/doing research/setting order, etc., and then a 60-90 minute show, which is about equivalent the time invested in writing a long article). I'm honestly lost on the question submitting. I agree iwth Lou that it should be rewarded - I see it as most similar to the trade analysis that Jeff started last season that I've been giving somewhere between $20-$50 for, depending on the detail/etc. Does that sound about right to people? 

OldCelticsGM
Committee

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2012, 04:02:10 PM »

i dont think it should get more than the max that an article gets which i believe is $200 ( i understand that its more work than an article, but i think that there should be an upper limit on what people can earn, otherwise it will throw the balance off)

Participation like this is great, but I dont think it should be done for an amount that has a huge benefit to your team.  A small benefit is fair though.

i would say that anyone who participated with questions should get a flat amount (around $25-$40)

BlazersGM
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2012, 04:08:33 PM »

The TBD maxes changed awhile back, but I think that if you guys are going to do this regularly you should open it up for others to get in on it outside of the chat.
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2012, 05:35:59 PM »

i dont think it should get more than the max that an article gets which i believe is $200 ( i understand that its more work than an article, but i think that there should be an upper limit on what people can earn, otherwise it will throw the balance off)

Participation like this is great, but I dont think it should be done for an amount that has a huge benefit to your team.  A small benefit is fair though.

i would say that anyone who participated with questions should get a flat amount (around $25-$40)

I've given out $400 for really big articles before, and apparently other people in charge of banks regularly gave 400-500 for huge articles.

OldCelticsGM
Committee

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2012, 08:00:45 PM »

I've given out $400 for really big articles before, and apparently other people in charge of banks regularly gave 400-500 for huge articles.

didnt know that.  i'm gonna start writing articles.  400-500 is fair then.
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2012, 09:07:47 PM »

didnt know that.  i'm gonna start writing articles.  400-500 is fair then.

Yeah, it has to be like a big power rankings or a really in depth article. I've given them out for my two-page power rankings and I'd do the same for others too. The "standard" article still generally receives 200-300, it's the really long/time-consuming ones that I give extra to. Basically, you could write a bunch of short articles that each get $200 or you can write a really big one; the big one should get more than just $200. I dunno - go back through the articles and see what I've awarded. "standard" is still $200 or so, but a large time commitment/detail/etc. usually is more.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: