RBSL Forums
May 05, 2024, 03:23:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Server Back Online

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: "New" RapsGM - Booting old RapsGM  (Read 4111 times)
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: March 23, 2017, 11:37:17 PM »

This was an extremely difficult decision, but one that I strongly feel I have to make for the good of the league.

I've never booted anyone who was active before, and I've never really had a reason to.  Old Raps was very active and that was greatly appreciated.  He often had contrarian views to certain decisions which were made, and I want to stress that that has absolutely nothing to do with this decision.  People expressing their honest opinions about how the league is run is very important and I welcome everyone's honest feedback.

That said, the guy is just extremely rude and unnecessarily mean to other GMs.  There is the ribbing we all give each other from time to time - what a bad offer you just made, you're overrating your team, stuff like that.  That's all in good fun and is healthy as part of the league.  But I've had numerous messages forwarded to me that just have no place in this league - true shit talking which just makes the league less fun.

The last straw for me was that "article" which was just absolutely bashing Blazers and didn't pull an punches - it was masked behind a persona of a jackass writer, but he and Blazers have been feuding for a long time.  If he had written that about me, I wouldn't have been as upset about it - but here, it was obvious the intent was to just piss off Blazers.

I think it is my job to keep the league fun and enjoyable for everyone.  Several people have said that old Raps' messages really bothered them and made the league less fun.  We have all been in this league for as long as we have because it's a fun place to be and we enjoy the people in the league.  I simply won't tolerate the type of repetitive bashing and being a true asshole that this guy was. 

I truly don't want to have a "conversation" about this - if you have a concern please feel free to reach out to me individually.  I thought it was important to explain the rationale behind the decision but I do not want this decision to be the subject of several days of discussion.  We're about at the end of a very exciting season and just before a real draft.  Let's talk about that!

MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 11:38:49 PM »

Jeff (formerly Bucks and KingsGM, and a true vet of the league) is taking over the Raps.

Welcome back, Jeff!

BlazersGM

King Sally

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 11:50:12 PM »

Welcome back bud!
WizardsGM

Brian Jacobs

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 11:50:25 PM »

JEFFFFFFFFFFFFREYYYYYYY

Washington Wizards GM: 2056-Present
Career Record: 1816-1218 (59.9%)
Playoff Record: 192-131 (59.4%)
ECF Champs: 2061, 2070, 2071, 2086, 2087, 2088, 2091
BucksGM
Pom
Moderators

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 11:51:36 PM »

Tough but right call, but way more importantly, welcome back Jeff!!!

Jazz GM since 2054
'66, '70, '71, '72, '73, '74, '75, '76, '77, '83, '84, '85, '87, '91, '92, '93
ThunderGM
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 03:36:16 AM »

And there goes the biggest storyline of the season. The Bet!
KingsGM
Moderators

Of COURSE Game 6 was Fixed

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 05:18:06 AM »

Hey Jeff,

I hope that it's not going to feel too awkward when your ex-GF the Kings look a whole lot hotter with me.  And they will...eventually.

Good luck,
Dave

2079-80 and 2093-94 GM's Choice GM of the Year
BlazersGM

King Sally

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 08:14:15 AM »

Hey Jeff,

I hope that it's not going to feel too awkward when your ex-GF the Kings look a whole lot hotter with me.  And they will...eventually.

Good luck,
Dave

Jeff is used to it.
Jeff
Moderators

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 08:24:37 AM »

Hey Jeff,

Good luck,
Dave

Jeff is used to it.

Bwahahaha what a perfect welcome back!

New to this system so cut me some slack while I get used to it. But before you know it, I will be back and coming for 2nd place!!! (Setting the standards low since I didn't have much luck with the old program)

Also, do I get to bash everyone like the old RapsGM? I want to try out this whole being an asshole thing....I've always been the nice guy Smiley

RBSL Champions - 2031
BucksGM 2026 - 2065
KingsGM 2065 - Present
BlazersGM

King Sally

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 08:44:52 AM »

Hey Jeff,

Good luck,
Dave

Jeff is used to it.

New to this system so cut me some slack while I get used to it. But before you know it, I will be back and coming for 2nd place!!! (Setting the standards low since I didn't have much luck with the old program)

Also, do I get to bash everyone like the old RapsGM? I want to try out this whole being an asshole thing....I've always been the nice guy Smiley

Only if it's with Brian. It'd be the nicest, most polite trash talk ever.
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 08:45:47 AM »

And there goes the biggest storyline of the season. The Bet!

For what it's worth, the bet will be honored but Jeff won't be punished.  That is, if Spurs has a better record, he gets $1k, and if not, he loses $1k, but I won't punish/reward Jeff as inheriting that crazy bet.

WizardsGM

Brian Jacobs

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2017, 08:54:38 AM »

Hey Jeff,

Good luck,
Dave

Jeff is used to it.

"You go away and stop talking to me for 2 minutes! Upon your return, we'll share tea and Packers discussion."

Washington Wizards GM: 2056-Present
Career Record: 1816-1218 (59.9%)
Playoff Record: 192-131 (59.4%)
ECF Champs: 2061, 2070, 2071, 2086, 2087, 2088, 2091
BucksGM
Pom
Moderators

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2017, 08:57:06 AM »

I really want to give him the 1k if he wins just because fucking lol

Jazz GM since 2054
'66, '70, '71, '72, '73, '74, '75, '76, '77, '83, '84, '85, '87, '91, '92, '93
BlazersGM

King Sally

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2017, 08:58:55 AM »

Hey Jeff,

Good luck,
Dave

Jeff is used to it.

"You go away and stop talking to me for 2 minutes! Upon your return, we'll share tea and Packers discussion."

Enough said.
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2017, 09:01:09 AM »

I really want to give him the 1k if he wins just because fucking lol

My ruling is he gets to keep the $1k if he wins but is deducted $1k if he loses.  No effect on Jeff either way.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: