RBSL Forums
May 07, 2024, 02:03:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Server Back Online

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Current Openings/Waitlist  (Read 43007 times)
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2013, 06:49:04 AM »

How bad do you guys want out of the Central, lol

Jeff
Moderators

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2013, 07:19:14 AM »

How bad do you guys want out of the Central, lol

I realized after ur power ranking updates that it's been 30 seasons with the bucks. Think it might be cool to switch it up. Hell, I've got a better shot in the central with the bucks than I do with the Wiz in the Atlantic right now.

RBSL Champions - 2031
BucksGM 2026 - 2065
KingsGM 2065 - Present
Scott

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2013, 09:13:07 AM »

After 30 seasons with the same team... I think you deserve a change if you want it.
Jeff
Moderators

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2013, 09:45:13 AM »

After 30 seasons with the same team... I think you deserve a change if you want it.

You are a good man Scott!!!

RBSL Champions - 2031
BucksGM 2026 - 2065
KingsGM 2065 - Present
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2013, 10:02:25 AM »

Well, if you want to, I'll certainly think about it - I just hate to have a team that could compete for a title possibly left un-run.

How many of your own picks have been traded? Just this year's?

Jeff
Moderators

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2013, 11:14:09 AM »

Well, if you want to, I'll certainly think about it - I just hate to have a team that could compete for a title possibly left un-run.

How many of your own picks have been traded? Just this year's?

I would never leave my team to rot until there was someone to take over.
I just mean if we have a new guy lined up, he could take over my squad and then I'd take the Wiz. Was just a thought.
And yep just this years pick....shocking I know haha

RBSL Champions - 2031
BucksGM 2026 - 2065
KingsGM 2065 - Present
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2014, 10:20:58 AM »

Still looking for a new WizGm. Bug your friends.

Josh

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2014, 02:55:09 PM »

I have somebody, known him for a long time he's very reliable.

Pelicans GM since 2056-2073
Hornets GM since 2074
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2014, 03:33:53 PM »

Pelicans' buddy is going to take over Wizards.

I was going to probably let Jeff switch teams if it happened in the offseason, but he has a good team that could win this year. Makes no sense to throw a new guy at that team mid-season.

Welcome the new WizGM

Jeff
Moderators

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2014, 04:02:16 PM »

I was going to probably let Jeff switch teams if it happened in the offseason, but he has a good team that could win this year. Makes no sense to throw a new guy at that team mid-season.

Welcome the new WizGM

I think it makes more sense lol. Let the guy take over a team put in place and see how the league is run without having to tweak much with my team.
But hey it's up to the new guy. It really doesn't matter much to me. I was looking at a change of scenery after 30 seasons.

RBSL Champions - 2031
BucksGM 2026 - 2065
KingsGM 2065 - Present
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2014, 04:10:06 PM »

Welcome the new WizGM

I think it makes more sense lol. Let the guy take over a team put in place and see how the league is run without having to tweak much with my team.
But hey it's up to the new guy. It really doesn't matter much to me. I was looking at a change of scenery after 30 seasons.

Midseason that just seems like a bad idea to me. You *only* owe your pick from this year?

Jeff
Moderators

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2014, 04:11:59 PM »

Welcome the new WizGM

Midseason that just seems like a bad idea to me. You *only* owe your pick from this year?

Yes indeed.

RBSL Champions - 2031
BucksGM 2026 - 2065
KingsGM 2065 - Present
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2014, 04:20:56 PM »

Welcome the new WizGM

Yes indeed.

I'll think about it. I would assume the WizGM would prefer to take over the Bucks, but I'll ask him.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Jeff's been around for 30 seasons with the same team and I understand his desire to switch.

Jeff
Moderators

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2014, 04:29:31 PM »

Welcome the new WizGM

Yes indeed.

I'll think about it. I would assume the WizGM would prefer to take over the Bucks, but I'll ask him.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Jeff's been around for 30 seasons with the same team and I understand his desire to switch.

If the new guy (sorry don't know a name yet) doesn't want to take over my team then that's cool too. Or if anyone has a valid/reasonable objection then by all means say so and we can drop this idea.
I just thought for my own sanity I'd like to switch it up.

RBSL Champions - 2031
BucksGM 2026 - 2065
KingsGM 2065 - Present
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2014, 04:41:49 PM »

Welcome the new WizGM

Yes indeed.

If the new guy (sorry don't know a name yet) doesn't want to take over my team then that's cool too. Or if anyone has a valid/reasonable objection then by all means say so and we can drop this idea.
I just thought for my own sanity I'd like to switch it up.

I mean, if you had traded several of your picks I would be concerned. My one concern is that your team is sort of old and it can be tricky to figure out when to sell/rebuild. It's a pretty good team right now which is great for a new player, but that's going to be a rebuilding project fast. Is it still better than inheriting a rebuilding project immediately? Definitely. That said, almost all the key players on that team are 30+, and figuring out when/how to rebuild is tricky

This is why I'm soliciting other people's opinions - I still think a new GM taking over a good team is better than taking over a rebuilding project (especially one which is also without two of its picks...). And Jeff is really active and involved and want to accommodate his desire to switch teams, and he's good at building teams and is probably a good choice for a tough rebuild.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: