RBSL Forums
May 06, 2024, 08:20:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Server Back Online

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who Do You Think Should Be Executice Of The Year?  (Voting closed: July 31, 2007, 04:50:38 PM)
SonicsGM - 0 (0%)
WolvesGM - 0 (0%)
ClippersGM - 0 (0%)
HornetsGM - 0 (0%)
RocketsGM - 0 (0%)
PistonsGM - 0 (0%)
CelticsGM - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Executive Of The Year  (Read 20926 times)
Aamir

aamir_h13@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« on: July 28, 2007, 04:50:38 PM »

Well this 2015 season is drawing to an end and we have a very exciting playoff race (and for all my rebuilding brothers, an exciting lotto/draft Tongue) coming up. Now, at this time, as the last sim goes, we should take a smidget of time and reflect on the past year, who did well, who didn't, who overachieved, who underachieved, who is that dark horse this year and who blatantly sucked. This poll here signifies one GM who stood out and shined, someone who did very well for his team, maybe not the best team, maybe not the championship, but a team's GM who is possibly the feel good story of RBSL, a humble guy that we should congratutlate. Now before I can further introduce the nominees, I would like to share a couple rules.

Yeah yeah, I know you think i'm a bastard for making darn rules but too bad pumpkin Wink. Their are just a few rules or things i should mention. I want this race to be exciting, a bit competitive and fun. I also want it to pretty unpredictable, now that doesn't mean we screw around with balloting. What i'm trying to say, or rather inforce is that i would appreciate it if you did NOT mention or post who you voted for...i reapeat, please do not mention who you voted for, i want this to be as mysterious as grandma's secret closet, it adds a certain kick or flare to the voting. I would also ask that you get your vote in as soon as possible as i have put a cap on the days you can vote, just 3 days, so think carefully and be quick to it. Also, anyone can vote, Ast's, RBSL faithfuls and GM's, even nominees, you can vote forself but make sure you think it's the right call. So basically all i can say is make the vote based on your fair judgment, you have 3 days to do it and do not mention who you voted for. The poll results will be hidden until the the time to vote has expired. Remember their is no wrong answer as all of these guys are wonderful GM's as are the ones who didn't get voted in but these are the guys who took a bit of an extra step. So without further ado, here are your nominees.

SonicsGM- A team i am deeply in love with, honestly, they came out of left fiield in taking the west, i thought they were good, never new they were this good. Sold team constructed very well, they have the right amount of depth, defense and offense. By getting Diop they only improved and that was a magnificent move by Adrian. Outstanding performance!

WolvesGM- A GM who was known to be in the bottom of the fish tank, the late bird, the cellar dweller, not anymore mama cause these guys are arguably one of the best teams in the league now. They have the 2nd best win% in the league and Lavar Likens is the best thing that could have happened to them. By getting Gilbert Arenas he only gets better and it was a huge move, very good one and should be commended, having a C like Herren never hurts either. Finally today, they get their dues. 3 cheers for Adam and his 7 years of crap to a couple years of success and only more down the road.

ClippersGM- Every year he is almost a lock for EOY, and deservedly so, Nick here has made  ateam that is built for now and tomorrow, an outstanding job coordinating his team, first by drafting supers-star Jesus Daly and he never looked back. Now by getting more and more talent and staying a championship contender year after year, this being yet another dominant season. Let's give it for the Clippers and Nick!

HornetsGM- Another sort of Dark Horse in the pack. Some may think pretender when they see the Hornets but i see Passion and Heart. these guys worked their way to where they are and deserve their dues. No one can get this far by fluke and if it was it must o been a league blunder. Another team solid from top to bottom, may be missing that extra pizazz but who cares? Playoffs, Top 3, i'll take it. Great Job HornetsGM!

RocketsGM- Another team which used to get tummy aches looking at how far they have sunk has now arrived with their own Pepto Bismal and it certainly works. A very talented and flexible team has Trev put together. Being as young as his team is and the amount of money they have, the teams architect must be a genius, maybe he is, all i can say is that he did a heck of a job, his team has little playoff experience but a ton of talent, great drafting and patience has brought them really far, It'll be hard not to vote for them, lets give Trev his credit here!

PistonsGM- A team overlooked, a team not many talk about but a very good one. They have consistently brouth themselves to the top of the east with some shrewd dealing now and in the past, they finally step onto the big stage now and are in a cozy situation. A team with a fair amount of star-power and fire-power, certainly worthy of noting. 3 cheers for PistonsGM.

CelticsGM- Last but not least, the Celtics also had their fair share of gloom until a couple years ago when they met Bill. Now they are a team which is getting better and better with some amazing trades. They find themselves in an outstanding position on top of the league if not the best, one of the best young young teams in all of RBSL, on top of that, because of their shrewd dealing, they may see themselves get a top pick in one of the deepest drafts all time. Just amazing job by Celts, he deserves mountain loads of credit.

So their they are, the 7 nominees for Executive of the year, all great GM's and great people. They all deserves a shot at the title and all are worthy of winning the award. It's a sign of recognition and respect. Myself personally would dream of being mentioned in such a list, every last one of them should be considered. Remember their is no wrong answer, i'm hoping everyone votes. You guys have 3 days to pick the Executive of The Year, starting now!

Good Luck All!!!!!!! 

Aamir

aamir_h13@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 05:02:40 PM »

One thing i left out, after you guys vote, please just post in here and say taht you did vote...a simple post saying "voted" would be nice.

Thanks

Teams Yet To Vote:
HeatGM
NetsGM
WizardsGM
CavsGM
PacersGM
MavsGM
NuggetsGM
RocketsGM
SpursGM
GrizzliesGM
LakersGM
SonicsGM

Your Vote Counts!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 03:59:34 PM by BlazersGM » Logged

MAS

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 05:07:30 PM »

voted

2015 RBSL Champions: MVP- Likens

Head Coach: Marcus Camby

GM: MAS
ExNuggetsGM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 05:26:26 PM »

voted
Darren
Committee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 05:42:08 PM »

I casted my vote, yo.

76ers: 2018, 2033, 2035
Kings: 2039
Aamir

aamir_h13@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 05:51:55 PM »

Note to add, supposing all GM's cast their vote before the poll deadline, we can view results and name the EOY early

Pat

Pat

phatmaster_beatz@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 08:19:50 PM »

Voted

2-TIME RBSL WORLD CHAMPIONS

Retired Numbers:
7 Jermaine O'Neal
9 Tony Parker, HoF
23 Ron Artest
15 Carmelo Anthony, HoF
27 Nicklaus Lyles, HoF
BlazersGM

King Sally

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 09:09:57 PM »

voted.
LittleOzzy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2007, 10:04:07 PM »

Voted.
exWarriorsGM

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2007, 11:30:33 PM »

Voted.

^^Click for Warriors Roster
KnicksGM

illuminaughty17@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2007, 12:45:26 AM »

present

http://rbsl.phillyarena.net/rbsl/files/league.dat

Stepania: 6'10, 220 Sampson: 6'11, 235 Steitz: 7'3, 227 Teague: 6'11, 238

RBSL Champion: Huh
exhawksheat

hawksgm@gmail.com realgmoftheyear
View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2007, 12:52:43 AM »

voted

msn: Hawksgm@gmail.com

'08 '12
BlazersGM

King Sally

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2007, 02:32:22 AM »

'Myself personally would dream of being mentioned in such a list'

why? You're as good as a GM as the next person in this league. Keep in mind, being successful in sim leagues requires some luck (ask MAS). You could luck out in lottery, have a good free agency and training camp...and be at the top of the league by this time next month.

I had to endure frustrating seasons with Kobe/Shaq in L.A. I didn't think I could come close to a championship once Shaq retired, but I got it with a bit of luck and a couple trades.

You'll win the EOY and championship one day, you're certainly devoted to creating a winning squad in the future.

Without name dropping, there's a couple GM's that I'm rooting for throughout the playoffs this season.
OldCelticsGM
Committee

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2007, 02:47:03 AM »

anyone else not able to vote?  all i get is a list of options but nowhere to pick one or submit a vote.
Pat

Pat

phatmaster_beatz@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2007, 06:48:59 AM »

anyone else not able to vote?  all i get is a list of options but nowhere to pick one or submit a vote.

I made sure you couldn't vote.  Tongue

2-TIME RBSL WORLD CHAMPIONS

Retired Numbers:
7 Jermaine O'Neal
9 Tony Parker, HoF
23 Ron Artest
15 Carmelo Anthony, HoF
27 Nicklaus Lyles, HoF
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: