RBSL Forums
May 06, 2024, 10:39:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Server Back Online

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who Do You Think Should Be Executice Of The Year?  (Voting closed: July 31, 2007, 04:50:38 PM)
SonicsGM - 0 (0%)
WolvesGM - 0 (0%)
ClippersGM - 0 (0%)
HornetsGM - 0 (0%)
RocketsGM - 0 (0%)
PistonsGM - 0 (0%)
CelticsGM - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Executive Of The Year  (Read 20930 times)
Aamir

aamir_h13@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2007, 04:00:31 PM »

anyone else not able to vote?  all i get is a list of options but nowhere to pick one or submit a vote.
Yup, me. I wonder if Nick could. Maybe mods can't??

Nick was able to vote, maybe because he's an admin?

Aamir

aamir_h13@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2007, 04:55:16 PM »

Votings up and i will post the results momentarily

Aamir

aamir_h13@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2007, 05:22:28 PM »

Well the Executive of the Year awards have just been punched in and have come to an end, it was quite a race, pretty close and every vote counted, shame on those who did not vote  Tongue Undecided, it would have made it even more interesting.

You guys can now share who you voted for if you would like and give some reasoning behind it, it'd be interesting to see how and why the running shaped up how it is.

Reason to why i post the results instead of just letting the poll stand is due to some problems with others voting and it makes you guys wait longer Tongue

Before i present the results, i would like to say that all nominees were splendid during the year and it very well could have been any of you. Do not feel discouraged at all as just to make it on the list is quite an accomplishment.Anyways, without further ado, i give you your results.

5th Place (0 Votes)
HornetsGM- He had a dream year and many think he is a pretender, I think otherwise, worked hard to get here and still going strong. Voting just wasn't on his side this year and keep in mind, not everyone voted. Good Luck in the Post Season!

T4th Place (2 Votes)
ClippersGM & PistonsGM- Both these teams are certainly ready to make some noise, one of them being a prolonged champion and one which surprisingly took the top spot in the East. Both these GM's did a heck of a job and fell even at the 4 spot. Great Job Guys and Good Luck!

T3rd Place (3 Votes)
CelticsGM & RocketsGM
- Another two teams which had very good years, Celtics, being favourited with the East fell a but shockingly but still had a terrific year and possibly best pick in possibly the best draft RBSL has had. Rockets also did very well turning his fortunes totally around, zero to hero, young, bright and well-run is what i can say about this team. Great Success!!!

And Now, I shall unveil the new Executive of the Year and his runner-up.

2nd Place (5 Votes)
I voted for this team myself, personally it was easy to do only because of how they are playing and how unusually and pleasantly surprising is. I could have voted for anyone else on this board but i ellected to go with this team. A team, out of the Left-Center Field, or in a sense, a team which surprised all and a team which shared the best record in the league, with the EOY himself as well. The first runner up and 2nd place team is: SonicsGM

So with this i can happily say:
Executive of the Year (6 Votes)-WolvesGM
The best team in the league, at least tied for it, has arguably the past years best GM. Adam aka MAS has made some key and crucial moves, first off years back drafted Lavar Likens which now makes them contenders, and to thicken their push he has brought Gilbert Arenas in and made his team that much better, He has certainly done a tremendous job this year. Congratulations WolvesGM!!!!!

And with that i would conclude this year Executive of the Year award, WolvesGM has the next sim year to boast his truly magnificent season and personal title. I would like to thank all you guys for voting and making it such an exciting race this year. Once again i congratulate WolvesGM and the rest of the GM's for getting up their. Until next sim year, i'd just like to with these GM's and the rest of the league good luck in the post season and off-season.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 05:25:39 PM by BlazersGM » Logged

MAS

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2007, 05:26:43 PM »

Woot, go me

2015 RBSL Champions: MVP- Likens

Head Coach: Marcus Camby

GM: MAS
ClippersGM
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2007, 06:19:49 PM »

I like how everyone has team colours except the Pistons, who are orange!

Thanks for doing this TR, that was fun. Congrats MAS, well deserved.
Aamir

aamir_h13@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2007, 06:23:23 PM »

I like how everyone has team colours except the Pistons, who are orange!

Thanks for doing this TR, that was fun. Congrats MAS, well deserved.

Lol i was gonna make the pistons blue...but just for the hell of it i asked for an opinion and said "what coluor do you think of when you think of the (team name)?" got orange for the Pistons Tongue

Anyways, it was my pleasure!

LittleOzzy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2007, 06:53:04 PM »

Thanks for putting this together and congrats MAS.
Darren
Committee

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2007, 07:27:40 PM »

Congrats MAS, much deserved.
Just for the record, I voted CelticsGM.

76ers: 2018, 2033, 2035
Kings: 2039
Pat

Pat

phatmaster_beatz@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2007, 07:38:33 PM »

Congrats MAS, much deserved.
Just for the record, I voted CelticsGM.

Double ditto.

Way to go MAS! I hope there's no hard feeling that I didn't vote for you hehe.  Smiley

2-TIME RBSL WORLD CHAMPIONS

Retired Numbers:
7 Jermaine O'Neal
9 Tony Parker, HoF
23 Ron Artest
15 Carmelo Anthony, HoF
27 Nicklaus Lyles, HoF
exrapsrockets

View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2007, 09:16:11 PM »

with all do respect i don't think mas deserves it...he didn't do much but draft lavar likens which takes almost no brain. congrats on getting props from the rest though.

Cleveland Cavs'20
Pat

Pat

phatmaster_beatz@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2007, 09:18:00 PM »

with all do respect i don't think mas deserves it...he didn't do much but draft lavar likens which takes almost no brain. congrats on getting props from the rest though.

He acquired Gil Arenas, who was on the    All League Second Team.

2-TIME RBSL WORLD CHAMPIONS

Retired Numbers:
7 Jermaine O'Neal
9 Tony Parker, HoF
23 Ron Artest
15 Carmelo Anthony, HoF
27 Nicklaus Lyles, HoF
exrapsrockets

View Profile Email
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2007, 09:19:11 PM »

I thought he had him...he might have traded him too and now got him back? big deal?

Cleveland Cavs'20
Darren
Committee

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2007, 09:20:01 PM »

I was just about to mention that. He's made a bunch of nice moves, and one great player doesn't a great team make, anyways; yes, he has Likens, but I don't see the Jazz at the top of the league with LeBron on their roster (with all due respect to the Jazz, of course, just using an example).

76ers: 2018, 2033, 2035
Kings: 2039
exrapsrockets

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2007, 09:23:28 PM »

I guess you can call me a hater but I just don't think he deserves executive of the year. he does have a good team big deal but it's not smart moves it's moves you better make or you get called an idiot.

Cleveland Cavs'20
MAS

View Profile Email
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2007, 09:25:14 PM »

I thought he had him...he might have traded him too and now got him back? big deal?

I traded him before I got LL, probably allowed me to get LL. Not to mention acquiring Griffin, Herren, Hughes and Harris all to compliment Likens.

My vote was for the Pistons so I don't really care

2015 RBSL Champions: MVP- Likens

Head Coach: Marcus Camby

GM: MAS
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: