RBSL Forums
May 06, 2024, 06:26:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Server Back Online

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who Do You Think Should Be Executice Of The Year?  (Voting closed: July 31, 2007, 04:50:38 PM)
SonicsGM - 0 (0%)
WolvesGM - 0 (0%)
ClippersGM - 0 (0%)
HornetsGM - 0 (0%)
RocketsGM - 0 (0%)
PistonsGM - 0 (0%)
CelticsGM - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Executive Of The Year  (Read 20925 times)
JazzGM
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2007, 09:26:55 PM »

with all do respect i don't think mas deserves it...he didn't do much but draft lavar likens which takes almost no brain. congrats on getting props from the rest though.

He acquired Gil Arenas, who was on the    All League Second Team.

1 deadline move got him exec of the year? Laver was drafted 2 years ago... Personally been very impressed with what the SonicsGM did. He drafted Turkoglu, brought in Diop, and signed Wade and Iggy and it resulted in him being tied for best record in the league. I don't know if the acquisition of Arenas amounts to that but it's all good.  
MAS

View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2007, 09:29:57 PM »

I know the moves I mentioned weren't this year, that response was just to the fact that all i did was draft Likens

2015 RBSL Champions: MVP- Likens

Head Coach: Marcus Camby

GM: MAS
JazzGM
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2007, 09:35:01 PM »

I know the moves I mentioned weren't this year, that response was just to the fact that all i did was draft Likens

I don't think anyone is questioning your GM abilities. But like you said, the moves you mentioned weren't this year. That's pretty significant factor to take into consideration in a poll like this imo
Pat

Pat

phatmaster_beatz@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2007, 09:57:23 PM »

with all do respect i don't think mas deserves it...he didn't do much but draft lavar likens which takes almost no brain. congrats on getting props from the rest though.

He acquired Gil Arenas, who was on the    All League Second Team.
I thought he had him...he might have traded him too and now got him back? big deal?

I traded him before I got LL, probably allowed me to get LL. Not to mention acquiring Griffin, Herren, Hughes and Harris all to compliment Likens.

My vote was for the Pistons so I don't really care

Thanks MAS!

2-TIME RBSL WORLD CHAMPIONS

Retired Numbers:
7 Jermaine O'Neal
9 Tony Parker, HoF
23 Ron Artest
15 Carmelo Anthony, HoF
27 Nicklaus Lyles, HoF
ClippersGM
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2007, 10:17:23 PM »

He made nice trades to get Herren and Griffin as well
ClippersGM
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2007, 10:18:46 PM »

FWIW I voted Sonics, put together a great squad this year
Todd
Administrator

todd_stewart@live.ca ainge_fan@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2007, 11:02:33 PM »

MAS has been here as the Wolves GM from close to the beginning and has earned the accolades - no question. He put the whole team together, just as Clips did and just as Celts did - who are just as dependent on their great draft pick as MAS is (look at both their teams - they are not much different than Minnies).

Congrats.

2021, 2022 and 2029 RBSL Champions
Bottlers Only Retired Number: 13 Carolanne Boutilier
Adrian

View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2007, 12:06:47 AM »

Congrats Mas and thank you to everyone that voted for my team it's very much appreciated. I would also like to say thanks to the Blazers for putting this together.
exrapsrockets

View Profile Email
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2007, 12:25:53 PM »

MAS has been here as the Wolves GM from close to the beginning and has earned the accolades - no question. He put the whole team together, just as Clips did and just as Celts did - who are just as dependent on their great draft pick as MAS is (look at both their teams - they are not much different than Minnies).

Congrats.
Jesus Daly got drafted 8th? Bill McCutchan 2nd or 3rd? Lavar 1st. It was a no brainer to draft Lavar. All I'm saying is others were more deserving of what they accomplished this year.

Cleveland Cavs'20
ClippersGM
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2007, 12:34:50 PM »

Well then think of it as a lifetime achievement award Tongue
Todd
Administrator

todd_stewart@live.ca ainge_fan@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2007, 01:01:49 PM »

Congrats.
Jesus Daly got drafted 8th? Bill McCutchan 2nd or 3rd? Lavar 1st. It was a no brainer to draft Lavar. All I'm saying is others were more deserving of what they accomplished this year.
I'm interested by your stance on this - since your strategy appears to be pretty much the same as his - load up on picks and build until you get a very special guy through the draft. Executive of the Year isn't always about the moves that year, but how it all comes together - it takes a lot of managing to make a great team - and MAS pieced together a roster that would be excellent even without Lavar.
Of course it was a no-brainer to take Lavar - just as Big Bill was a no-brainer (many of his had him as a clear-cut #1), and so was Daly at the point where he was picked. Griffin and Herren are perfect alongside him - trust me, they beat the hell out of Amare in the playoffs. Without those additions, who knows what woulda happened. Devin Harris - who almost every team in the league thought of as nothing more than a cap plug - is perfect around him. Larry Hughes starts on most teams in this league, and again is a perfect compliment. Gil Arenas is a stud who takes pressure off him and can be a #1 guy, again, on almost every team in the league. He's just done a nice job.

2021, 2022 and 2029 RBSL Champions
Bottlers Only Retired Number: 13 Carolanne Boutilier
MAS

View Profile Email
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2007, 01:40:32 PM »

Congrats.

Daly 6th, McCutchan 2nd. Lavar was 1st, but if you remember even with Lavar I was about to miss the playoffs for the 8th time until I got Griffin and Nene (who YOU traded to me). Yes it wasn't this year, and yes maybe if we're only looking at this year then yeah it maybe shoulda been someone else. I just don't like how your saying all I did was draft Lavar. Yes he is my core but you have to surround that core with something which I think I did.

And if your gonna pull it was lucky for me to get Lavar then you can say it was lucky Daly developed the way he did. It doesn't matter

Pat

Pat

phatmaster_beatz@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2007, 02:01:24 PM »

I'm interested by your stance on this - since your strategy appears to be pretty much the same as his - load up on picks and build until you get a very special guy through the draft. Executive of the Year isn't always about the moves that year, but how it all comes together - it takes a lot of managing to make a great team - and MAS pieced together a roster that would be excellent even without Lavar.
Of course it was a no-brainer to take Lavar - just as Big Bill was a no-brainer (many of his had him as a clear-cut #1), and so was Daly at the point where he was picked. Griffin and Herren are perfect alongside him - trust me, they beat the hell out of Amare in the playoffs. Without those additions, who knows what woulda happened. Devin Harris - who almost every team in the league thought of as nothing more than a cap plug - is perfect around him. Larry Hughes starts on most teams in this league, and again is a perfect compliment. Gil Arenas is a stud who takes pressure off him and can be a #1 guy, again, on almost every team in the league. He's just done a nice job.

So... who did you vote for?  Cheesy

2-TIME RBSL WORLD CHAMPIONS

Retired Numbers:
7 Jermaine O'Neal
9 Tony Parker, HoF
23 Ron Artest
15 Carmelo Anthony, HoF
27 Nicklaus Lyles, HoF
OldCelticsGM
Committee

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2007, 02:04:15 PM »

Executive of the Year should be the one who had the most impressive year, not the most impressive 5 year rebuilding plan.  The same reason that I didn't vote for MAS is the same reason I didn't vote for myself.  The core of both of our teams were built years ago.

That being said, congrats to MAS on the lifetime achievement award.
MAS

View Profile Email
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2007, 02:10:51 PM »

Executive of the Year should be the one who had the most impressive year, not the most impressive 5 year rebuilding plan.  The same reason that I didn't vote for MAS is the same reason I didn't vote for myself.  The core of both of our teams were built years ago.

That being said, congrats to MAS on the lifetime achievement award.

Again I didn't vote for myself either, I just have problems with people saying that all I did was draft Likens

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: