RBSL Forums
May 06, 2024, 02:56:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Server Back Online

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who Do You Think Should Be Executice Of The Year?  (Voting closed: July 31, 2007, 04:50:38 PM)
SonicsGM - 0 (0%)
WolvesGM - 0 (0%)
ClippersGM - 0 (0%)
HornetsGM - 0 (0%)
RocketsGM - 0 (0%)
PistonsGM - 0 (0%)
CelticsGM - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: Executive Of The Year  (Read 20928 times)
Pat

Pat

phatmaster_beatz@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2007, 02:17:19 PM »

Yeah, I think the voting was influenced by past years since we haven't given out this award before (not that I recall anyways). No offence MAS, I'm not saying you didn't deserve it (it was a toss-up), but I think future EOY's will be decided more strictly on what the GM did that year.

2-TIME RBSL WORLD CHAMPIONS

Retired Numbers:
7 Jermaine O'Neal
9 Tony Parker, HoF
23 Ron Artest
15 Carmelo Anthony, HoF
27 Nicklaus Lyles, HoF
OldCelticsGM
Committee

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2007, 02:21:27 PM »

Executive of the Year should be the one who had the most impressive year, not the most impressive 5 year rebuilding plan.  The same reason that I didn't vote for MAS is the same reason I didn't vote for myself.  The core of both of our teams were built years ago.

That being said, congrats to MAS on the lifetime achievement award.

Again I didn't vote for myself either, I just have problems with people saying that all I did was draft Likens

my post wasn't directed at you, but rather at the people who judge the EoY on different criteria than what the Executive did in that Year
MAS

View Profile Email
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2007, 02:27:30 PM »

Executive of the Year should be the one who had the most impressive year, not the most impressive 5 year rebuilding plan.  The same reason that I didn't vote for MAS is the same reason I didn't vote for myself.  The core of both of our teams were built years ago.

Again I didn't vote for myself either, I just have problems with people saying that all I did was draft Likens

my post wasn't directed at you, but rather at the people who judge the EoY on different criteria than what the Executive did in that Year

Ok i was just making sure

btw can you come on MSN, I wanna ask you something

2015 RBSL Champions: MVP- Likens

Head Coach: Marcus Camby

GM: MAS
ClippersGM
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2007, 02:37:06 PM »

Yeah, I think the voting was influenced by past years since we haven't given out this award before (not that I recall anyways). No offence MAS, I'm not saying you didn't deserve it (it was a toss-up), but I think future EOY's will be decided more strictly on what the GM did that year.

Thats because it was just assumed that I won it every year. Its ok though I dont mind letting MAS have a share of the spotlight before I sweep him tonight.
MAS

View Profile Email
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2007, 02:45:50 PM »

Thats because it was just assumed that I won it every year. Its ok though I dont mind letting MAS have a share of the spotlight before I sweep him tonight.

LOL, it's on now!

But yeah I actually fully expect to be swept

2015 RBSL Champions: MVP- Likens

Head Coach: Marcus Camby

GM: MAS
Pat

Pat

phatmaster_beatz@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2007, 03:08:45 PM »

LMAO!

2-TIME RBSL WORLD CHAMPIONS

Retired Numbers:
7 Jermaine O'Neal
9 Tony Parker, HoF
23 Ron Artest
15 Carmelo Anthony, HoF
27 Nicklaus Lyles, HoF
JazzGM
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2007, 03:12:41 PM »

That's exactly what I was trying to say but some people are getting the wrong impression.
JazzGM
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2007, 03:18:19 PM »

We actually did this before in 2006 (Heat) and 2010 (Jazz); yet it's still your spotlight Cry Cheesy
Todd
Administrator

todd_stewart@live.ca ainge_fan@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2007, 03:24:14 PM »

Well this 2015 season is drawing to an end and we have a very exciting playoff race (and for all my rebuilding brothers, an exciting lotto/draft Tongue) coming up. Now, at this time, as the last sim goes, we should take a smidget of time and reflect on the past year, who did well, who didn't, who overachieved, who underachieved, who is that dark horse this year and who blatantly sucked. This poll here signifies one GM who stood out and shined, someone who did very well for his team, maybe not the best team, maybe not the championship, but a team's GM who is possibly the feel good story of RBSL, a humble guy that we should congratutlate. Now before I can further introduce the nominees, I would like to share a couple rules.
Maybe you guys voted using a different criteria, or the criteria changed as the discussion grew...but read the bolded part from the first post. If this doesn't describe MAS as a GM, after all those brutal years losing all those games, all that talent and seeing everything he touched turn to mud, and who morphed into much more shrewd and effective talent evaluator and chemist, then, well, I don't know what does. Everything he's touched has turned to gold lately. 

2021, 2022 and 2029 RBSL Champions
Bottlers Only Retired Number: 13 Carolanne Boutilier
Todd
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2007, 03:25:23 PM »

I'm interested by your stance on this - since your strategy appears to be pretty much the same as his - load up on picks and build until you get a very special guy through the draft. Executive of the Year isn't always about the moves that year, but how it all comes together - it takes a lot of managing to make a great team - and MAS pieced together a roster that would be excellent even without Lavar.
Of course it was a no-brainer to take Lavar - just as Big Bill was a no-brainer (many of his had him as a clear-cut #1), and so was Daly at the point where he was picked. Griffin and Herren are perfect alongside him - trust me, they beat the hell out of Amare in the playoffs. Without those additions, who knows what woulda happened. Devin Harris - who almost every team in the league thought of as nothing more than a cap plug - is perfect around him. Larry Hughes starts on most teams in this league, and again is a perfect compliment. Gil Arenas is a stud who takes pressure off him and can be a #1 guy, again, on almost every team in the league. He's just done a nice job.

So... who did you vote for?  Cheesy
I couldn't vote, and I'm still not sure why  Huh

But yeah, I might be giving a hint  Cool

exrapsrockets

View Profile Email
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2007, 01:06:17 AM »

MAS has been here as the Wolves GM from close to the beginning and has earned the accolades - no question. He put the whole team together, just as Clips did and just as Celts did - who are just as dependent on their great draft pick as MAS is (look at both their teams - they are not much different than Minnies).

Congrats.
Jesus Daly got drafted 8th? Bill McCutchan 2nd or 3rd? Lavar 1st. It was a no brainer to draft Lavar. All I'm saying is others were more deserving of what they accomplished this year.
I'm interested by your stance on this - since your strategy appears to be pretty much the same as his - load up on picks and build until you get a very special guy through the draft. Executive of the Year isn't always about the moves that year, but how it all comes together - it takes a lot of managing to make a great team - and MAS pieced together a roster that would be excellent even without Lavar.
Of course it was a no-brainer to take Lavar - just as Big Bill was a no-brainer (many of his had him as a clear-cut #1), and so was Daly at the point where he was picked. Griffin and Herren are perfect alongside him - trust me, they beat the hell out of Amare in the playoffs. Without those additions, who knows what woulda happened. Devin Harris - who almost every team in the league thought of as nothing more than a cap plug - is perfect around him. Larry Hughes starts on most teams in this league, and again is a perfect compliment. Gil Arenas is a stud who takes pressure off him and can be a #1 guy, again, on almost every team in the league. He's just done a nice job.

i don't understand your tactic. i never said i should be exec of the year I just said that mas didn't deserve it cuz he didn't really do anything special this year.

Cleveland Cavs'20
Todd
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2007, 12:39:48 PM »

There's no tactic. I'm just saying that MAS used a strategy that most of us try and in the end, when you add that to his other moves, it worked out for him. What is surprising me is that you seem so ardently opposed to votes for him when his strategy building is basically the one you seem to be using - that's all.

ClippersGM
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2007, 12:44:44 PM »

There's no tactic. I'm just saying that MAS used a strategy that most of us try and in the end, when you add that to his other moves, it worked out for him. What is surprising me is that you seem so ardently opposed to votes for him when his strategy building is basically the one you seem to be using - that's all.

I was wondering this too, especially since he was basically inactive the majority of the season.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: