RBSL Forums
May 08, 2024, 03:56:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Server Back Online

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcement: Slight Increase to FT % (inactive)  (Read 1168 times)
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: January 24, 2018, 12:56:36 PM »

So, I'm sure by now everyone has noticed that the FT percentage in the RBSL is significantly lower than in the NBA.  In the NBA it's historically been slightly above 75%, and in our league it's in the low 70s.  There were a ton of playoff teams who regularly shot 60% or worse in FTs.  That's abysmal. 

So we did some testing earlier this season and will be upping a multiplier that will slightly increase FT % across the board for everyone to bring the average pretty close to NBA standards.  Because this is a flat multiplier, it shouldn't affect any particular player more or less than others, and we're just going to implement it immediately.

(I'm sure that this will be seen as a reactionary move to my team losing a championship due to shitty FT shooting in game 6, but this change has been in the works for a few weeks now, and I was only recently reminded to announce it).

If there are other stats that are dramatically off of the NBA averages, let me know and we're happy to test/look into it.  All stats don't have to be identical but free throws has stood out for several years as an extreme outlier, and testing revealed a pretty easy fix.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 01:46:29 PM by BucksGM » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: