RBSL Forums
May 08, 2024, 11:23:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Server Back Online

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: REMINDER of D-League/Preseason Changes This Season  (Read 1589 times)
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: March 18, 2018, 09:50:30 AM »

Realized we talked about this in the WhatsApp a few times but never posted anything.

The D-League has been a hotbed of tanking.  It's gotten to the point where the minimal benefit you get from seeing your rookies playing against (bad) competition is greatly outweighed from having to police people tanking.  So I've disabled the ability to send players down to the D League - I think, anyways.  Can't test it until we get to the regular season.  But people should not be able to send players down.

We are keeping the D League in existence just so people can see the stats of the FA class for minimum signings.  There was a big push for that and I agree it's worth it. 

In exchange, beginning this season, there will be a "manual" preseason.  I will sim TC/the in-game PS as I always have, and then teams will submit DCs for a "manual preseason", where I will run something like 6-8 weeks of the season and post it as "Preseason."  Then, we'll re-load the file at the beginning of the season and run the regular season.  We ran this system for many years in FBB2, and it works.  I'm just doing 1 PS sim - we ran 2 in FBB2 and it was sort of a waste.  I will turn off injuries during the preseason.  This will give everyone a chance to play their rookies/young players without tanking. 

IN ADDITION, I WILL BE POLICING TANKING MORE CLOSELY THAN IN THE PAST. BE WARNED IF YOU SIT YOUR BEST PLAYERS.  I'll first discuss it with you and the typical violation will result in me fixing your lineup (usually via Recommend unless the CPU is awful), but repeated violations will require a stiffer penalty on a to be determined/discussed basis.

Let me know any questions.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 02:44:02 PM by JazzGM » Logged

RecentPacersGM
Committee

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 05:37:01 PM »

IN ADDITION, I WILL BE POLICING TANKING MORE CLOSELY THAN IN THE PAST. BE WARNED IF YOU SIT YOUR BEST PLAYERS.  I'll first discuss it with you and the typical violation will result in me fixing your lineup (usually via Recommend unless the CPU is awful), but repeated violations will require a stiffer penalty on a to be determined/discussed basis.

Let me know any questions.

Ok Roger Goodell haha
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: