RBSL Forums
May 18, 2024, 01:55:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Server Back Online

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Dwight Howard  (Read 10834 times)
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: July 01, 2013, 12:44:58 PM »

What does everyone think is going to happen here? I think Rockets seems like the most logical choice.

I just saw this: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/228516/Warriors-Prepared-To-Offer-Bogut-Thompson-Or-Barnes-To-Lakers-For-Dwight

Bogut + Barnes for DH12 seems like a pretty steep price for a guy that didn't seem to give a shit last year...

Alex

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 12:48:24 PM »

i agree, i think the warriors should hold off, injuries hurt seeding this year and so many young players with another year under their belts
SpiritGM

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 01:55:17 PM »

Howard is still the best C in the league.. and the biggest baby in the league. But if Warriors wanted to become championship contender, Barnes is an OK price for it. Bogut is not that valuable. My guess is they'd probably have to throw in a 1st as well.

It all depends on (1) if D12 doesn't want to go to Houston and (2) if Lakers will even entertain a S&T.

When it comes to Howard though, who knows, he flip-flops so much and is such a child that anything can happen.
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 02:02:07 PM »

Howard is still the best C in the league.. and the biggest baby in the league. But if Warriors wanted to become championship contender, Barnes is an OK price for it. Bogut is not that valuable. My guess is they'd probably have to throw in a 1st as well.

It all depends on (1) if D12 doesn't want to go to Houston and (2) if Lakers will even entertain a S&T.

When it comes to Howard though, who knows, he flip-flops so much and is such a child that anything can happen.

I think the Lakers have probably figured out they aren't going to keep him, so they may as well get something for nothing (and Barnes is a big something for a team that's sort of rebuilding). But, as you said, DH could change his mind at any time.

BlazersGM
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 02:52:14 PM »

He should go to the Rockets. It's the best move gives him a young star to grow with whose not a dick... cough Kobe...
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 02:53:15 PM »

The Rockets would be sweet and he could rely on being there for a few years since Harden is locked up long-term, which I think he needs after the last 2 summers

Jeff
Moderators

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 03:29:00 PM »

I think ultimately he will go to Houston. The money won't be much different after taxes in LA and not having any in Houston. I think Dwight needs a fresh start both for himself but to help his image as well.

RBSL Champions - 2031
BucksGM 2026 - 2065
KingsGM 2065 - Present
OldNuggetsGM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 01:03:01 AM »

If it wasn't DH it would be houston by a mile. With Asik they should be able to get strecht 4 like Andersen or LMA. This starting 5 would be crazy. playing pick and roll with 2 shooters in the corner and 2 great penetrating guards is nearly unstoppable. Of course with Dwightit might come down to Atlanta because he wants to play with friends  Huh
BlazersGM
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 01:35:34 AM »

I think ultimately he will go to Houston. The money won't be much different after taxes in LA and not having any in Houston. I think Dwight needs a fresh start both for himself but to help his image as well.

Yeah it comes to like 19 or 20 million difference or something like that. The thing is everything else Howard bring in $ wise wouldn't be taxed as well so it starts to bridge the gap.
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 02:01:57 AM »

Yeah it comes to like 19 or 20 million difference or something like that. The thing is everything else Howard bring in $ wise wouldn't be taxed as well so it starts to bridge the gap.

He could go to the Mavs and get chicken fingers for life or some shit.

RaptorsGM
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 02:27:47 AM »

That wont help the mava. Dwight would lose his abs if he ate chicken fingers.
OldNuggetsGM

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 05:14:29 AM »

i think bynum is the more likely target for the chicken fingers :-)
Dan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2013, 09:31:21 AM »

Howard is a spoiled bitch. I wouldn't take the chance on him.
RaptorsGM
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2013, 10:53:54 AM »

Howard is a spoiled bitch. I wouldn't take the chance on him.
Honestly, Dwight's biggest mistake is not wanting to play for Stan. And I think ever since Stan called him out after a playoff game a few years back, their relationship went downhill from them. It was already a sign of his prima donna attitude.
BlazersGM
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2013, 02:17:15 PM »

Stan sucks. I wouldn't respect that moron either. He's an above average coach with shit man management.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: