RBSL Forums
May 09, 2024, 03:18:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Server Back Online

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Blazers - Celtics  (Read 5514 times)
BlazersGM

King Sally

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2017, 09:41:28 AM »

Blazers trade:

Logan Ramsey

Celtics trade:

Celtics 2078 2nd round pick

« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 10:47:28 AM by JazzGM » Logged
AsstRapsGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 10:22:21 AM »

Blazers trade:

Logan Ramsey

Celtics trade:

Celtics 2078 2nd round pick

I accept.

Shame on you contending teams for not offering better.

2030, 2036, 2037, 2038, 2048, 2049, 2050, 2053, 2063, 2064
CavsGM
Committee

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 02:45:54 PM »

yea thats insane

Cavs since 2038
2043 Champions Blake Ward MVP
2057 Champions Kurt Moss MVP

ExRaptorsGM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 02:45:41 PM »

how is this trade even acceptable? If people aren't going to care why are they able to process trades?
BlazersGM

King Sally

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 02:52:42 PM »

how is this trade even acceptable? If people aren't going to care why are they able to process trades?

Did you send an offer? Didn't think so. Next.
BlazersGM

King Sally

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 02:55:57 PM »

And fwiw, Lou messaged initially expressing interest. I told him he could have him, give me a 2nd rounder. He offered to give me more, and I declined. Why?

1) Nobody, not one other GM sent me anything on him.
2) As an F you to you all for being so cheap and inactive.

That's what happens.

WizardsGM

Brian Jacobs

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 03:17:10 PM »

It's an unacceptable trade market set by unacceptable trade offers.

Washington Wizards GM: 2056-Present
Career Record: 1816-1218 (59.9%)
Playoff Record: 192-131 (59.4%)
ECF Champs: 2061, 2070, 2071, 2086, 2087, 2088, 2091
ExRaptorsGM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 04:42:51 PM »

And fwiw, Lou messaged initially expressing interest. I told him he could have him, give me a 2nd rounder. He offered to give me more, and I declined. Why?

That's what happens.

So a firesale is the best approach. Doesn't that impact competitiveness?  You want to stick up your middle finger?  The season just started and teams are trying to decide on what they need. We are not even close to the trade deadline. Another unreasonable answer.

So what i am gathering is this league does not care about competitiveness. This is the second trade that doesn't make any sense. Am I missing something?

The first being the Wizard and Jazzes player dump. http://rbslforums.phillyarena.net/index.php?topic=18964.0
WizardsGM

Brian Jacobs

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 04:44:35 PM »

That's what happens.

So a firesale is the best approach. Doesn't that impact competitiveness?  You want to stick up your middle finger?  The season just started and teams are trying to decide on what they need. We are not even close to the trade deadline. Another unreasonable answer.

So what i am gathering is this league does not care about competitiveness. This is the second trade that doesn't make any sense. Am I missing something?

The first being the Wizard and Jazzes player dump. http://rbslforums.phillyarena.net/index.php?topic=18964.0

He's placing a lot of value in your 1st rounders =)

Washington Wizards GM: 2056-Present
Career Record: 1816-1218 (59.9%)
Playoff Record: 192-131 (59.4%)
ECF Champs: 2061, 2070, 2071, 2086, 2087, 2088, 2091
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 05:03:21 PM »

He was blocked extensively and no one offered more.  Most of the top contenders are tight against the cap and can't take on 15m.  That's why I didn't offer.

If it's such an unacceptable offer, why didn't you offer more? 

BlazersGM

King Sally

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2017, 05:07:57 PM »

That's what happens.

The last offer I received on Ramsey was the beginning of October. That's 3 months ago. I don't want to hear about waiting until the trade deadline.

I posted several messages last season and this offseason requesting that a team offers ANYTHING for ANY of my players. I received 0 offers. So yes, this was an F you because I knew people like you would complain about the compensation I received in return.

Further, what I do or do not do with my roster is not your issue. You don't see me posting all of the garbage offers you send everyone on here. It's quite amusing, because you'll proceed to complain, whine and argue with EVERYONE who rejects or questions an offer. Instead of making comments regarding the art of negotiating, I urge you to research the art of submitting an offer. I'm sure you're the type that would offer $250,000 on a million dollar property and then complain when they reject.
ExRaptorsGM

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2017, 05:26:10 PM »

He was blocked extensively and no one offered more.  Most of the top contenders are tight against the cap and can't take on 15m.  That's why I didn't offer.

If it's such an unacceptable offer, why didn't you offer more? 

If you as the commissioner don't see an issue with it, then who am I to say. If that is the tone of the league then I do not have an issue with it.  I was under the impression there was supposed to be some competitiveness.  With how old this league is and how well you guys know each other, that probably is a bit tough now. But with these two trades, it does not seem that there is much competitiveness. Hence the reason i am questioning it. Both of them make zero sense to me from the senders point of view.

I would have loved to offer a second rounder pick for him, but I am at cap space.
ExRaptorsGM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2017, 05:29:32 PM »

That's what happens.

The last offer I received on Ramsey was the beginning of October. That's 3 months ago. I don't want to hear about waiting until the trade deadline.

I posted several messages last season and this offseason requesting that a team offers ANYTHING for ANY of my players. I received 0 offers. So yes, this was an F you because I knew people like you would complain about the compensation I received in return.

Further, what I do or do not do with my roster is not your issue. You don't see me posting all of the garbage offers you send everyone on here. It's quite amusing, because you'll proceed to complain, whine and argue with EVERYONE who rejects or questions an offer. Instead of making comments regarding the art of negotiating, I urge you to research the art of submitting an offer. I'm sure you're the type that would offer $250,000 on a million dollar property and then complain when they reject.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH...stop justifying such a crappy deal and talking shit on me. I am competitive. With that in mind, your trade is shit. Just shit. and you know that or you wouldn't work so hard to justify it.
BucksGM
Pom
Moderators

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2017, 05:45:30 PM »

"Am I missing something?"

Yes. You've apparently missed Blazers posting about trying to give away Ramsey and McLellan for two full seasons now. You've missed where he's said he has not gotten a single offer on either player until now. If Adam made this trade right after posting about Ramsey, you might have a point. But why the hell should he expect to ever get a better offer? He has every reason to move these guys ASAP, because every sim they're on his team impacts his draft position.

You brought up my trade with the Wizards as well.  I was lucky to get that many picks. I also posted, and directly inquired, often about trying to find some kind of remotely fair trade for my players because I honestly felt You want me to list the gist of the handful of horseshit offers I got? Because I'm going to do it.

1. Decent center on a big deal with a big contract, 1 pick straight up and 1 "best of" pick between two playoff teams for Mills, Russell, Irish, McLellan

2. Really old, maybe backup-quality guard and a playoff team 1st for Mills

3. Inquires on McLellan from a good team that just didn't really have anything I wanted.

4. Probably the crown jewel from you: "Trade you Jabari Parker and the Pistons 2078 1st for Courtney Russell and DeeAndre McLellan. Parkers contract ends in 2077. " To paraphrase a certain GM, "How is this trade offer even acceptable?"

If I had said yes to this, would you have been posting in the trade thread asking why I should be able to make trades if I "wasn't going to care"? You offered a bad, aging player on a gigantic contract along with a worse pick than any of the ones I got in my Wizards trade, for one of the best SFs in the league and the best non-option starter in the league who also is on the best non-rookie contract in the league. And you're the one who has a problem with one sided trades?

I inquired on pretty much every semi-valuable young piece in league and was turned away. I was never, ever going to get anything close to even a single blue chip asset for the entire core of the best team in league history. Let's be honest. I could have kept that team together for at least 2 more years and won two more titles. From there, I maybe lose one of them when Kirkland and Duke come up for new offers. I could have won a straight decade worth of titles. If you want to talk about impacting competitiveness, THAT impacts competitiveness.

I want to play in a competitive league. But it's a two way street. If no one is making moves and just hoping for the draft and FA to fall their way, the contending teams will almost never, ever be challenged.

I looked for the best offer I could find, and Brian was the only person who had accumulated more than one asset in the last 10 years. If that's the best haul I could get for my guys, you really think anyone was ever going to offer more on Ramsey?

Look, I love that you're active and engaged, but you can't seriously be trying to call out trades like this when you offer what you do. These trades are the symptoms of too many GMs overvaluing their assets. Teams clutch on to picks that will likely turn into borderline bench players and let real impact players sit on the trade block. They hoard cap space only to be stuck with leftovers year after year as the top-tier FAs go to the handful of teams with successful franchises, or stay with their original team for more money. The teams that are willing to give up assets in order to advance their team's current goals are the ones who have success year in and year out. If anyone is interested in seeing how a championship team is built, look through the transactions the former Hawks-now Celtics GM made over the year to collect his trophy case. Look at how I went about forming my current team and its previous iteration. Look at how the Magic formed a dynasty in the 2050s. It's about selling high at the right time and knowing when to cash in your assets to make a move. When those moves don't get made, the teams who already have the talent will just coast on it year after year with no resistance.

Jazz GM since 2054
'66, '70, '71, '72, '73, '74, '75, '76, '77, '83, '84, '85, '87, '91, '92, '93
BucksGM
Pom
Moderators

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2017, 06:28:29 PM »

I would have loved to offer a second rounder pick for him, but I am at cap space.

So this logic is ok for you to use, but not anyone else in the league? No one offered anything more. I don't know why. Cap was certainly a factor. I've won enough titles and am looking towards the future, which is why I didn't offer. If my goal was to win one this year, I would have offered on him. No matter what, it's not Blazers' fault that no one offered more. Wasn't my fault no one offered on my guys either. If someone decides they want Ramsey by the trade deadline, they can go after him from Celtics.

Jazz GM since 2054
'66, '70, '71, '72, '73, '74, '75, '76, '77, '83, '84, '85, '87, '91, '92, '93
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: