RBSL Forums
May 19, 2024, 08:21:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Server Back Online

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 NBA draft  (Read 9749 times)
RaptorsGM
« on: June 28, 2013, 09:41:04 PM »

Thoughts? I'm pissed my Magic team passed up on Noel. I like Oladipo, but I think if everything pans out for Noel, he'd turn reap a better reward. And with the draft being as weak as this, I think they should have bit on it.
OldNuggetsGM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 01:54:07 AM »

Thoughts? I'm pissed my Magic team passed up on Noel. I like Oladipo, but I think if everything pans out for Noel, he'd turn reap a better reward. And with the draft being as weak as this, I think they should have bit on it.
noel at best will be theo rathliff. no way i would take this guy over oladipo who has all the tools to be a great player. Of course this selection means that they wull trade affalo.
RaptorsGM
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 02:08:31 AM »

noel at best will be theo rathliff. no way i would take this guy over oladipo who has all the tools to be a great player. Of course this selection means that they wull trade affalo.
Yeah. I'm hoping a bledsoe - Vo backcourt.

True, bur vO as it stands right now is the next tony allen. I think noel has the ability to become a tyson chandler or marcus camby. Or a center josh smith which are better than vo, if you ask me.

And based on the playoff performance of memphis, you need your wing players to be able to knock down shots. And i think vo's small sample of fg attempted doesnt qualify him as a great shooter at all. But hopefullyhe proves me wrong

I like how the Sixers landed Noel and the 2014 1st for only Holiday.
BlazersGM
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 03:00:13 AM »

Noel is a 15 / 10 guy
OldNuggetsGM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 03:10:37 AM »

noel can't shoot at all or keep his position against bigger guys. Just think about how davis who is bigger than noel wasn't able to hold his ground in the nba. noel is a great weak side shotblocker and help defender but nothing more. just look at his form at the line and don't forget the ACL injury will delay his learning curve.
oldaipo is already a beeter shooter and ball handler than allen ever was, i think his FG % is a sign that he has a high IQ as well. Is he a future superstar - probably not but this was expected in such a draft.
OldNuggetsGM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 03:11:23 AM »

Noel is a 15 / 10 guy
now or at his peak?
RaptorsGM
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013, 05:03:26 AM »

noel can't shoot at all or keep his position against bigger guys. Just think about how davis who is bigger than noel wasn't able to hold his ground in the nba. noel is a great weak side shotblocker and help defender but nothing more. just look at his form at the line and don't forget the ACL injury will delay his learning curve.
oldaipo is already a beeter shooter and ball handler than allen ever was, i think his FG % is a sign that he has a high IQ as well. Is he a future superstar - probably not but this was expected in such a draft.
Well, thats true. But having Noel play along side Vuc would be awesome.

As for Noel, I think his peak is 15/11 and 3 bpg .
BlazersGM
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2013, 05:35:15 AM »

The Magic are garbage indefinitely so its worth a shot I don't see anyone in this draft becoming a superstar beyond Burke, no one screams killer instinct. After watching Burke play he really reminds me of a cross between CP3 and healthy Sean Livingston. Also Shane Larkin has the tools to be a stud as well. Oh well, I'm looking forward to seeing what Miami does this offseason. If we get Oden and he can play 15 minutes a game... 3peat bitches.
Jeff
Moderators

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2013, 05:40:44 AM »

Well, thats true. But having Noel play along side Vuc would be awesome.

As for Noel, I think his peak is 15/11 and 3 bpg .

I think his peak is 15/11 with a legit PG getting him the ball in a favorable position down low or for some easy lob dunks each game. I see Noel personally being more of a 10/11 guy on average. I'm not confident he's a 15ppg guy on average unless he adds bulk to his frame. This league is slowly getting some bigger bodies down low again that will make life tough for Noel, at least on the offensive end....but I could be wrong....it's happened once before   Grin

RBSL Champions - 2031
BucksGM 2026 - 2065
KingsGM 2065 - Present
OldNuggetsGM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2013, 06:43:48 AM »

The Magic are garbage indefinitely so its worth a shot I don't see anyone in this draft becoming a superstar beyond Burke, no one screams killer instinct. After watching Burke play he really reminds me of a cross between CP3 and healthy Sean Livingston. Also Shane Larkin has the tools to be a stud as well. Oh well, I'm looking forward to seeing what Miami does this offseason. If we get Oden and he can play 15 minutes a game... 3peat bitches.
i think the magice have a bright future with harris, vujevic. if the trade with the clippers will go down, they will have a solid starting 5, cap space and a projected high pick in 2014. they should be back withn 2-3 years.
Well heat are still the team to beat but showed to me that they can be beaen by bulls, pacers and maybe nets. Oden won't make any difference in 15mins. And don't forget this might be the last year of Lb in Heat uniform.
RaptorsGM
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2013, 11:04:01 AM »

i think the magice have a bright future with harris, vujevic. if the trade with the clippers will go down, they will have a solid starting 5, cap space and a projected high pick in 2014. they should be back withn 2-3 years.
Well heat are still the team to beat but showed to me that they can be beaen by bulls, pacers and maybe nets. Oden won't make any difference in 15mins. And don't forget this might be the last year of Lb in Heat uniform.
i really wish we can get bledsoe. But we'll see. He is perfect for Doc's defensive strategy
OldNuggetsGM

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2013, 11:41:31 AM »

i really wish we can get bledsoe. But we'll see. He is perfect for Doc's defensive strategy
The rumored bledsoe trade makes to much sense ;-). Clippers would get a 3 + D guard who would be perfect and magic a PG who is young enough to be part of the rebuilding process.
RaptorsGM
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2013, 12:01:46 PM »

The rumored bledsoe trade makes to much sense ;-). Clippers would get a 3 + D guard who would be perfect and magic a PG who is young enough to be part of the rebuilding process.
I can assure you afflalo's d is overrated ever since his offense expanded. He just likes taking on the best player, but he gets lit up. Haha
ExPacersGM

CraDanMil243
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2013, 12:24:09 PM »

Magic fans are all over this Bledsoe thing but I gotta think the Clippers can get better value than a run of the mill SG and possibly having to give up their starting SF too.
ExPacersGM

CraDanMil243
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2013, 12:28:30 PM »

I'm very disappointed in my Suns for moving up one damn spot to take a guy who they could have moved down for in Goodwin. And also because he sucks. Dude is nothing but a track star with no real skills. You can get away with that when you're 6'10"+ cause you can still get rebounds and block shots but what's a 6'5" guy like that gonna do to impact the game?

I also think they would have been better served taking McLemore at 5. Len might be ok, but I would've been much more comfortable with him if Ben was already gone.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: