RBSL Forums
May 12, 2024, 10:11:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Server Back Online

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dome Now Runs The Suns!  (Read 3202 times)
ClippersGM
« on: January 09, 2007, 01:34:33 PM »

Welcome Fantasy Basketball Board moderator DOME to the show!

He is taking on the Suns General Manager position.

He has some sim experience, but in a "terrible" league.

I have asked the SunsGM to stay on as an assistant through his first season to help him get his feet wet.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 01:34:47 PM by ClippersGM » Logged
AstClipsGM
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 01:59:21 PM »

What's up guys! Thanks for the kind introduction Nick! Cheesy

From what Nick told me I already know a few of you guys, but for those who don't have a clue who I am I figured I'd let you know.

My name is Herman, I live in the Netherlands (Groningen, up north), I'm 23 years old and study physical therapy and moving sciences. I work at a physical therapists center as a fitness instructor to pay the rent until I'm done with school (I'll graduate as a physical therapist sometime next year, and finish up on moving sciences 2 years later).

I love playing basketball, I play for a club here with a lot of other college students. I used to play the point, but lately our centers have bailed out so I'm filling in at center lately... lol It started out as an experiment but I've been able to get along by just wrestling my way through it (I'm 6-1 and just over 200 pounds so I'm not the most typical center lol) and use my quickness and jumping ability to prevent the other centers from touching the ball.

I've been an Orlando Magic fan for years now. I used to have a T-Mac website that went really well, after which I did his official site for a while but I quit after they company that ran it never paid me after a few months of hard work. Since then I've been a RealGM'er, obviously. Smiley I'm a Magic and fantasy mod there these days. I'm not posting as much as I used to these days because of busy schedules, but I try to be really active in my fantasy leagues, especially keeper ones.

This would be my first 'real' sim league, I'm in another one right now but it's so incredibly vague (we don't even know player's ratings, everybody has a different set or rules and the commish is using his powers to his advantage a bit it seems) that I decided to let the commish know he can start looking for a replacement. I'm not entirely sure how everything works here, but I'll do my best to catch up quickly and set up a competitive team (looks like that won't be too hard with this roster).

If you haven't fallen asleep reading that, feel free to add me to your MSN list if you use it: hermandevries@gmail.com. There's a small chance you won't be able to see me for another short while, my computer is really acting up and people I've been adding to MSN lately don't show up yet. I'll fix it soon, in the meanwhile you can PM or email me trade proposals and such.

I'll be looking to shape up the Suns a bit to my liking, so in principle any player on my team is available for the right price. I'm looking to set up a few players I want to build around and figure out where else to go after that, so don't hesitate to send me any ideas.

I'm looking forward to joining you guys in this league, best of luck to everyone!

Herm Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 02:06:02 PM by Dome » Logged
LittleOzzy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 02:01:24 PM »

Welcome to the RBSL and good luck. I know you'll have a lot of fun.
Todd
Administrator

todd_stewart@live.ca ainge_fan@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 02:02:24 PM »

Welcome, and feel free to get in touch with any of us if you have any questions. Always nice to add a little international flavor, and good luck.

2021, 2022 and 2029 RBSL Champions
Bottlers Only Retired Number: 13 Carolanne Boutilier
BlazersGM

King Sally

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 03:17:48 PM »

Seems like a good replacement.

Welcome to the league. If you have any questions...feel free to PM me, and I'm sure everyone else is more than happy to help out as well.  
exhawksheat

hawksgm@gmail.com realgmoftheyear
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 03:22:11 PM »

The Hawks would be happy to help in anyway Cheesy...and welcome

I love bringing in the international flavour into these sim leagues Cheesy

msn: Hawksgm@gmail.com

'08 '12
exsunsgm

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 03:58:27 PM »

GOOD LUCK. Cheesy.

RBS MVP - Article Writer - 1st Team Member - Favorite Poster - Etc
OldHeatGM

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 04:25:56 PM »

Welcome  Smiley  

Jimmy King
Craig

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 05:49:05 PM »

Hey, Herm!!  Welcome aboard.

This is my first and only Sim League.  Nick and Co. do a great job, and I reckon that you'll like it very much.  It's a terrific Sim League.

Best of luck with the Suns.

- sly

Craig
sly @ RealGM

2051 | 2061 | 2065 | 2067 | 2069
AstClipsGM
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 06:19:48 PM »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! B)

I get the feeling this is a really active league, getting so many replies from different owners in such a relative short time, I'm really digging that. I'll try and keep up, it's going to take a day or two for me to read up on everything and form some sort of plan, after that I'll start looking at the proposals I've gotten already and start sending out some myself. I'm really looking forward to playing, best of luck to everyone!  
Aamir

aamir_h13@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 03:37:50 PM »

Welcome Dome and Good Luck!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: