RBSL Forums
May 13, 2024, 03:14:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Server Back Online

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Leaving For Curaçao In April On Internship  (Read 1876 times)
AstClipsGM
« on: January 16, 2007, 12:48:33 PM »

I just heard yesterday that I've been accepted on a foreign internship at a physical therapist on Curaçao (island in the Caribbean)!

I'll be leaving somewhere around 20-25 april and be gone for about 10-12 weeks, during that time I imagine I don't have a whole lot of internet access, so I won't be able to check in on this board etc much during that period. I just noticed the Heat GM went on a trip of his own, and I was wondering how that'd work if I would be gone for a while.

Would I need to find someone to take care of the team during the period myself, or can one of you guys do that, etc. What do you guys usually do in cases like this? It's a bit early maybe, but I figured the sooner the better. Cheesy

I'm having a pretty good time in this league so far by the way, thanks for letting me join!
ClippersGM
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 12:51:47 PM »

Usually guys have been gone 2 weeks max, and they would ask someone here to look after their DCs, as I did with the Heat.

But for 10-12 weeks, you would be missing out on a couple of season, which would mean someone would have to make your FA decisions, draft, etc.

Its up to you what you want to do. End of April should mean the old SunsGM is out of school and he may be interested in helping until you are back. I could try to help and look after some things for you, or if anyone else wants to do so (anyone not a division rivaly probably would make more sense lol).
AstClipsGM
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 01:09:11 PM »

Usually guys have been gone 2 weeks max, and they would ask someone here to look after their DCs, as I did with the Heat.

But for 10-12 weeks, you would be missing out on a couple of season, which would mean someone would have to make your FA decisions, draft, etc.

Its up to you what you want to do. End of April should mean the old SunsGM is out of school and he may be interested in helping until you are back. I could try to help and look after some things for you, or if anyone else wants to do so (anyone not a division rivaly probably would make more sense lol).
Yeah true, I hadn't really thought of that when I joined. I didn't realise you were simming several seasons per year either to think of it.

I'll think about it some, at least there's still time. Thanks for the quick reply!
exhawksheat

hawksgm@gmail.com realgmoftheyear
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 01:11:51 PM »

Maybe you can borrow someone mature from my league to run the team until he gets back or something...

msn: Hawksgm@gmail.com

'08 '12
AstClipsGM
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 01:16:41 PM »

Maybe you can borrow someone mature from my league to run the team until he gets back or something...
Sounds like that could be an option. You're running an FBB league yourself? I'll keep it in mind when the time comes, it seems apparent I'm going to need somebody to take care of it. I guess I could just leave him a list of preferences and such, or something to that effect.  
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 01:17:12 PM by SunsGM » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: