RBSL Forums
March 29, 2024, 01:59:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Server Back Online

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hard Cap Violation - Toronto Raptors - Derrick Williams  (Read 27369 times)
OldNuggetsGM

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 10:14:37 AM »

If no one claims his "best" player because his contract is so ridiculous, it goes to the next guy.

He cut $40 million in players, that's why he's in this situation.

Players will continue to be claimed until he's under the hard cap. There's really no other solution.
why is there no other solution? i understand that you have to pay a penalty for being over but i don't udnerstand that it has to be done till he is under the hardcap. i always thought after paying the penalty it is ok to be over.
AsstRapsGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2013, 10:26:12 AM »

Remember the Rules
1. Once a hard cap violation has been identified, the commish will post a complete waiver list order and a time limit (i.e., 48 hours)
2. Any team who wants Player X should put a claim in to the commish via PM
3. At the end of the 48 hours, the commish looks at all of the teams who put in a claim and Player X gets assigned to the team who's highest on the priority rank.
4. If nobody claims Player X, then repeat steps 1-3 with Player Y (next highest scorer).
5. Should the violating team trade their way out of the hard cap violation prior to ANY claim for the player in question, the trade will be procesed and waiver process ended - the commish will simply look for time stamps of the trade being accepted trades and the waiver claim and process the transaction a

step 4 is clear to me but it is still mentioned 1 player taken from the team. it is never stated that the process will continue till he is under the hard cap.

Ok.. Except then if I want my leading scorer out, I'll just sign 5 other max players, have a salary of 100+ mil, and once my leading scorer is gone I still get to keep the rest? umm no.

2030, 2036, 2037, 2038, 2048, 2049, 2050, 2053, 2063, 2064
OldNuggetsGM

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2013, 11:06:11 AM »

Remember the Rules
1. Once a hard cap violation has been identified, the commish will post a complete waiver list order and a time limit (i.e., 48 hours)
3. At the end of the 48 hours, the commish looks at all of the teams who put in a claim and Player X gets assigned to the team who's highest on the priority rank.
4. If nobody claims Player X, then repeat steps 1-3 with Player Y (next highest scorer).
5. Should the violating team trade their way out of the hard cap violation prior to ANY claim for the player in question, the trade will be procesed and waiver process ended - the commish will simply look for time stamps of the trade being accepted trades and the waiver claim and process the transaction a

step 4 is clear to me but it is still mentioned 1 player taken from the team. it is never stated that the process will continue till he is under the hard cap.

Ok.. Except then if I want my leading scorer out, I'll just sign 5 other max players, have a salary of 100+ mil, and once my leading scorer is gone I still get to keep the rest? umm no.
i don't think your scenario can be done. as far as i know you will loose every FA that was signed while being over the hard cap. and the current hardcap violation is a different story imo. in fact if no one clains his biggest 2 salarys he has to loose at least 4 guys to get under which force him to sign 1 FA to get to the minimum required which will send him back over the hardcap..
AsstRapsGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2013, 11:37:54 AM »

Remember the Rules

i don't think your scenario can be done. as far as i know you will loose every FA that was signed while being over the hard cap. and the current hardcap violation is a different story imo. in fact if no one clains his biggest 2 salarys he has to loose at least 4 guys to get under which force him to sign 1 FA to get to the minimum required which will send him back over the hardcap..

There is a reason one of these situations hasn't happened since 2009, because the consequences suck. If he didn't want it to happen, then don't sign Jesus Barlow to 1yr 14.4 on day 5 when you are 7 under the cap. Simple.

BlazersGM

King Sally

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2013, 12:01:03 PM »

Quite honestly, there's nobody of value on his roster. Since he intentionally went over the cap so he could lose Williams, he should lose his first rounder as a penalty. In circumstances like this, there's no deterrent to go over when there's minimal talent to lose.
RaptorsGM
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2013, 12:02:51 PM »

Remember the Rules

There is a reason one of these situations hasn't happened since 2009, because the consequences suck. If he didn't want it to happen, then don't sign Jesus Barlow to 1yr 14.4 on day 5 when you are 7 under the cap. Simple.
First and foremost i had no idea barlow's contract would e that much. Only after that i realized i had that much bird rights for him. As far as i know, he was just a minimum player last year. And there have been instances, i think like one of the max players Cavs had before. He had 10+ years of experience. I sent an offer of 15million, turns out max he could receive was only about 13, iirc. Because his last contract wasnt more than that amount. So i thought it was the same with barlow because there was no way he would have earned more than 7m that on any contract.

2, i was over the cap on day 3 or something. I made a deal with the nuggets to put me below the cap. Around 73, if im not mistaken  So it wasnt like i wasnt trying. Thats before i signed barlow. Thinking i would be at around 79.

After barlow signed, i was 89million over the cap. I even posted a block o trying to get below the cap. I even had a deal with the mavs (phillip for daly. A 17ppg scorer for a bench warmer).. Our initial talks didnt even invlude a tpe. I shouldered that tpe just to put my team at A more Manageable 84 million. Now, i made a block for derrick williams. I must admit, i did get offers, but i dont see the offers as viable options moving forward. Especially if deals includes my 1st round pick this year + williams for expiring deals.

So to say i didnt try to get below the hard cap is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 12:06:32 PM by RaptorsGM » Logged
RaptorsGM
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2013, 12:04:02 PM »

Quite honestly, there's nobody of value on his roster. Since he intentionally went over the cap so he could lose Williams, he should lose his first rounder as a penalty. In circumstances like this, there's no deterrent to go over when there's minimal talent to lose.
Thats too much. Is there a rule regarding this?
AsstRapsGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2013, 12:14:44 PM »

I wouldn't do that because it's not a posted rule, but you can be sure I will auction off each player one by one.

ExPacersGM

CraDanMil243
View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2013, 12:23:50 PM »

How do you not know what youre bidding on a free agent?

Would not allowing transactions that put you over the cap in the first place make things easier? I mean if youre at $73mil and you put in a bid for $14mil, that bid just doesnt go through? Same with trades?
MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2013, 12:27:35 PM »

Would not allowing transactions that put you over the cap in the first place make things easier? I mean if youre at $73mil and you put in a bid for $14mil, that bid just doesnt go through? Same with trades?

The problem with that is I don't know if the program can do it. Lou would know - but I don't know if the program has a "hard cap" protection for signing FAs. And asking Lou to double check each bid is nonsensical.

RaptorsGM
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2013, 12:30:18 PM »

I didnt put in 14million. I send max possible. I didnt know 14million is the max possible.

RaptorsGM
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2013, 12:31:18 PM »

I wouldn't do that because it's not a posted rule, but you can be sure I will auction off each player one by one.

Sure. As long as its done in proper process according to the hard cap rule.
AsstRapsGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2013, 12:36:59 PM »

Sure. As long as its done in proper process according to the hard cap rule.
Which I promise you I will do.

You could just trade 1 draft pick with Williams and probably get him off your roster immediately, but we all know thats never going to happen.

OldHeatGM

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2013, 01:01:45 PM »

Can the penalty be that he changes his avatar?

Jimmy King
AsstRapsGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2013, 11:02:52 PM »

Washington Wizards claim Derrick Williams

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: