RBSL Forums
April 28, 2024, 08:19:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Server Back Online

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Raptors - Playoffs  (Read 57236 times)
Craig

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2014, 01:22:36 AM »

I know the number of Raptor fans in here are fading - maybe 50-50 now?  But damn this squad is fun to watch right now.  Defense has been HUGE.  Lowry on fire. Jonas and T-Ross improving.  Amir a rock. Demar taking big shots.  Patterson a super-sub.  Salmons gel'in.

Playoffs?  Who would have thought.  2nd-round, maybe?  Amazing turnaround post-Gay, who's been putting up numbers in Sac-town too, btw.

Anybody else getting geeky here in Raptorland?

Craig
sly @ RealGM

2051 | 2061 | 2065 | 2067 | 2069
RaptorsGM
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 02:49:29 AM »

As a magic fan, i'm hoping the ross for aa rumor is true. Haha
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 09:43:00 AM by RaptorsGM » Logged
Jeff
Moderators

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 09:01:35 AM »

I hate every Toronto team....with the exception of the Jays. Although the Braves will always be my fav team.

I'm a huge Spurs fan (odd I know). But I will give the Raps props. They seem to have really gelled after trading away Rudy. They are playing solid ball, including knocking off the Pacers and playing teams like Miami pretty tough too.

I think the 2nd round is definitely a possibility. Beyond that I highly doubt it. But at least they are looking like a solid bet for the playoffs.

RBSL Champions - 2031
BucksGM 2026 - 2065
KingsGM 2065 - Present
Scott

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 09:57:16 AM »

You can't be god awful for 20 seasons and expect anyone to care when you show a glimmer of hope. They'll find a way to fuck this up and either miss the playoffs entirely or at the very best get blown out in the first round.  There's a culture of losing in Toronto, in all it's sports teams, that us near impossible to shake.

Watching Sportscenter highlights is exciting, but not enough to get me to actually care or follow them, they've burned me far too many times, I'm not falling for it again. Wink
Craig

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 10:29:44 AM »

Whaaat?  Fairweather-Dan.  Don't tell me you left with Bosh and are cheering for the Heat right now!  I don't have the time to watch all of the games of all of my teams.  But I don't tend to miss any when they're funner to watch.  Like the Raps right now.  Smiley

I didn't realize until a few weeks ago about the major blunder of a 20-year TV deal that Atlanta is rocking.  Ooops.

Craig
sly @ RealGM

MagicGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 10:40:29 AM »

Lou won't shut up about the Raps. Every single day he mentions them.

That said, they look really good right now.

AsstRapsGM
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 10:42:31 AM »

Lou won't shut up about the Raps. Every single day he mentions them.

That said, they look really good right now.
Damn right.

I have been a big fan since day one, and now that everyone is jumping back on their dick I'm super happy. Can they beat Miami or Indiana in a playoff series? Fuck no. Can they beat every other team in the East? Absolutely.

2030, 2036, 2037, 2038, 2048, 2049, 2050, 2053, 2063, 2064
Craig

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 10:55:50 AM »

Their schedule is looking pretty good the rest of the way.  Securing the 3rd seed would be huge for this franchise.  Getting into the 2nd round would be huge for the City.  Our fanbase is there.  Would be nice to activate that again and get Dan and his cronies back on board.  Smiley  Although Demar might get the all-star nod, Lowry is the most-deserving. A little scared of what kind of contract he'll be getting in the offseason but will ride the wave this year.

Craig
sly @ RealGM

Scott

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 11:40:48 AM »

Whaaat?  Fairweather-Dan.  Don't tell me you left with Bosh and are cheering for the Heat right now!  I don't have the time to watch all of the games of all of my teams.  But I don't tend to miss any when they're funner to watch.  Like the Raps right now.  Smiley

I didn't realize until a few weeks ago about the major blunder of a 20-year TV deal that Atlanta is rocking.  Ooops.

1) I'm sure Dan is still a Raps fan, he still thinks the Leafs can win, why not put the same misplaced faith in another terrible Toronto franchise?

2) I'm not Dan.   Wink

Craig

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 12:09:42 PM »

hahaha... sorry boys.  Team swap strikes again.

Craig
sly @ RealGM

Todd
Administrator

todd_stewart@live.ca ainge_fan@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2014, 01:14:36 PM »

Lol, I almost told Scott to shut it.

Shut it, Dann-o, enjoy the ride while u can, like the way the leafs started the year.

Meanwhile, I wonder if Masai is still after AA ...I know I'd be dangling this years first as the centerpiece.

2021, 2022 and 2029 RBSL Champions
Bottlers Only Retired Number: 13 Carolanne Boutilier
Jeff
Moderators

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 01:45:39 PM »

Lol, I almost told Scott to shut it.

Shut it, Dann-o, enjoy the ride while u can, like the way the leafs started the year.

Meanwhile, I wonder if Masai is still after AA ...I know I'd be dangling this years first as the centerpiece.

Who are we talking about in reference to AA?
I'm apparently out of the loop on who's available via trade in the nba

RBSL Champions - 2031
BucksGM 2026 - 2065
KingsGM 2065 - Present
ExPacersGM

CraDanMil243
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2014, 01:52:19 PM »

Aaron Afflalo. Tho I dunno why everyone thinks hes on his way out. Hes good, young, professional, and its not like he's so good the team is losing out on a top pick.
SpiritGM

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2014, 07:49:39 PM »

I absolutely hate the win steak we're on right now. The situation is a complete replicate of BC's first year.

Couple of kids that are alright but no superstar (Ross, Val vs Bosh, Primo pasta), steady vets (Salmons lol, Hayes etc vs Parker, Garbo etc), PG playing for their next contract (Lowry v Ford), mediocre coaches (Casey v Mitchell), a medium level of cap space next season, ridiculously weak division/conference.

We should've sold our players in quick succession after the Gay trade and aim for a high pick. Instead we're now stuck in no mans land. Too good to tank but not good enough to win consistently.

Sigh. We just never learn...
BlazersGM

King Sally

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2014, 03:22:52 PM »

I absolutely hate the win steak we're on right now. The situation is a complete replicate of BC's first year.

Couple of kids that are alright but no superstar (Ross, Val vs Bosh, Primo pasta), steady vets (Salmons lol, Hayes etc vs Parker, Garbo etc), PG playing for their next contract (Lowry v Ford), mediocre coaches (Casey v Mitchell), a medium level of cap space next season, ridiculously weak division/conference.

We should've sold our players in quick succession after the Gay trade and aim for a high pick. Instead we're now stuck in no mans land. Too good to tank but not good enough to win consistently.

Sigh. We just never learn...

This.

This team isn't doing anything in the playoffs. I don't care about the Wiggins talk, this draft is very strong. We're talking about a team that has recently lost to a tanking Celtics, a minor league roster with the Lakers and are now currently losing by 30 against the Bobcats. There's no way this team is good enough to do anything worthwhile in the first round. I really wish Masai had the nuts to trade Lowry right now while his value is sky high.

Don't get me wrong. It'd be nice to see them win, but this roster is simply not good enough, and will spend yet another season as a treadmill team.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: